Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

file format

i am downloading a freewaRE DOOM LIKE CLONE but i dont know how to install it. the files are in this format. *.ace, *.c00 and up to 5. i would like to know what the hell that format goes to

.ace is a zip format. You can open it with WinRAR I believe.

LOL! This is one of the funniest sayings I've seen lately. It may be correct, but what's funny about it is that ACE, ZIP and RAR are three different archiver formats, although some programs do read and write them all. I am not sure that WinRAR does read ACE files, but WinACE definitely does, and so does PowerArchiver.

ACE is a ZIP format... Kinda like that joke about cars: "I have two Toyotas - a Toyota and a Honda". Oh, well, it sound much better in Russian with Russian names. Still funny.

And who the heck is Lena Koslova?

BAH. I meant it's a compression format. Zip is just a term I use. And I know for a fact WinRAR will open them Winzip 8 doesn't.

get WinACE open the *.ace file and make sure the *.c## files are in the same dir. It should unzip them without a problem.

BTW, *.c## are just the remainding parts of the *.ace since the whole file probably was too big to put as a whole on a website so they had to split it up.

Again: "unZIP the ACE file..." LOL.

Don't pay attention to me or to my latest posts. It's just the time of the day.

See you tomorrow, or afterwards.

dr_st, signing off.

Get winrar (since you can do both .rar and .ace with it); use it to unAce the ace and then go acing through whatever you downloaded like a true ace.

and one more thing; ace

:P

Although WinRAR has great functionality the program itself doesn't have a very quick interface. PowerArchiver, on the other hand, supports just about every format you would use on a regular basis and has the same nifty interface of WinZip.

Make sure you get the gelbuttons.bmp skin for it, though, the default skins kinda suck ass.

However, last I knew there was a bug with PA7 handling an Ace file with multiple volumes (.ace <- part 1, .c00 <- part 2, .c01 <- part 3...). When I tried doing an Explorer Shell Extension decompress it wouldn't take the volumes, but when I opened up the thing with the whole program it worked fine. Just a bit of warning, I wouldn't want you to get frustrated at the stupid thing.

After using PowerArchiver for 10 minutes how the hell could anyone still justify using WinZip?

After using PowerArchiver for 10 minutes how the hell could anyone still justify using WinZip?

Laziness.