Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kaiser

My SP map (Now released)

I've been working on this map for a while and after posting my other doom3 map on WIP, I started from scratch due to bad layout in the map. This one is turning out much better.

I haven't thought up a story yet, but all I can say that this map is set in a chemical facility in which its being taken over by hell, and slowly changing into hell itself.

update: it is done, get the link here
http://doom3.filefront.com/file/TLab_Complex;33269

Holy screenshots!
Some extremely nice work there. Finish it!

I like the tech style!!! but there is something about that hell style that i don't like. maybe it's just me!

Absolutely beautiful, Kaiser. It's shots like that that make me wish I could comprehend the Doom 3 editor, if only to make a box with an imp inside of it. :)

I'll be sure to grab this map when it's done - the official Id maps are slowly starting to get a little old (and I haven't found any promising sp maps out there yet that I feel like wasting time downloading).

Funny, the first screenie made me think of something from Hexen.

Excellent work so far, im liking what i see, especially the shot with the balcony with railing

Looks impressive! Now just finish and release it! :P

By the way - Screenshot four needs more pipes (I kid, of course).

Again, impressive. I envy.

The best looking map thusfar and it comes from Kaiser *laughs and shakes head* not a surprise :) Looking even better since when you showed me screens on AIM. I suppose I should go ahead and get a better video card this Thursday so I can afford to make maps so I can start on my project :P I can't wait to play this, I'm most looking forward to see how you've meshed hell into tech, I'm sure it's amazing work.

impClaw said:

Can somebody give me a link to Doom3 editing help PLEASE...

I hope you're joking. But just in case

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=3
http://www.doom3world.org/index.php

I also appriciate everyone's comments, as they will help push me to finish this map sooner ^_^

I really wanted to add some nice scripted cinematics, but the stocked cinematic objects have very limited use. Plus the gameplay isn't that of Doom3 but very similar to Doom2.

I'm impressed with how the map turned out. It has a lot of qualities that stand out, including being reminiscent of Quake 1 and the good choices of ambient music. Tough gameplay and ammo/enemy balance, but I think that's what makes the game interesting.

Holy shit this map rules. It has everything good about the original Doom 3 maps and then some.

If you don't download this map you are a big loser and have a very small penis. Get downloading!

Epyo said:

Downloading, can't wait. Could this be the first good doom3 map?

Would it surprise you, coming from Kaiser? ;)

Hm I didn't like it so much. Wish you would have put ammo in it somewhere, I was cheating for the second half.

Although it did manage to make me jump out of my seat twice. Doom 3 can't make me do that anymore!

And also I got lost. After I jumped into the cave area over the green/red lava, I had no idea where to go. I had a red key card I think but I couldn't find where to put it or something.

here's some bugs for ya:
1-on the elevator down to the temple, I got mondo lag. Like 0 fps for about 20 seconds or so.
2-after getting off the elevator there was a stimpack accross a hallway, but an invisible wall blocked it off.

There's plenty of ammo, you just have to be careful on how you use it. Also there's a couple of ammo hidden in the shadows, there's two clips at the beginning. Also, doesn't lag for me on the elevator part. Anyone else getting this problem?

I'll check out the clipping problem as well, and may update it again..

When you get the red card, you'll have to exit the cave area (jump off the rail and back into the temple). There's a red key door in the four way room (with all the pipes and stuff).

Well, apparently, I wasn't thinking and I accedentally clipped the health and clip ammo in the temple area, I'll have to fix that and re-upload it again..