Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
COLBudManstrong

Doom 3 Pictures

Hello everyone. This is my first post here, at least, I think it is, so please bare with me.

Anyways, I am going to start making a comic based on the first Doom, then maybe move onto Doom 2, and then those two megwads made by Team TNT. But ya, back on topic.

The comics will be based on the game itself, so you will see rooms from the game, characters, stuff you will remember if you have played the first 2 games. So I wanted to make an introductory comic, telling what was going on, and what went wrong and then leading up to where you start in the first game.

So I was wondering if anyone here could get me some pics from the first parts of the game (The Ship that lands on the base or whatever it is at the start, or so I have seen, and a full body picture of the marine if there is a picture of him), or tell me where I could get some since my computer isn't fast enough for the game.

So any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh ya, the comic will be called "Doom: Glitch In The System". At least, for now unless you guys, or I can think up a better name. And that will probably only be for the first comic. Thanks again. Later

Bloodshedder said:

Your computer's not fast enough for Doom? Are you using a 286?

i think he means he's going to make a comic based on the original doom storyline and basing his artwork off of doom3?

Gamespot has a bunch of Pics that might be useful.I think they have one with the marine landing at the UAC base.

Bloodshedder said:

Your computer's not fast enough for Doom? Are you using a 286?

Yes, my computer is fast enough to run Doom 1 and 2, but not 3, at least, I don't think it is. Here are my specs:

------------------
System Information
------------------

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition - Service Pack 1
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.1GHz
Memory: 448MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b

---------------
Display Devices
---------------

Card name: VIA/S3G KM400/KN400
Manufacturer: VIA/S3 Graphics, Inc.
Display Memory: 64.0 MB

------------------------
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------

Drive: C:
Free Space: 94.0 GB
Total Space: 109.2 GB

Drive: F:
Model: SONY CD-RW CRX215E5
Speed: 48x

Anyways, I am going to do the comic based on Doom 1 and it's levels and monsters, but I will be doing an intro comic telling about what they UCA was doing, and what they did to make mosters come through the portal in my own way. Thanks for the links and other help. More would be appreciated also.

Except for your graphics card (I've never seen it before), that machine is more than capable. Try out the demo and see how it fairs.

Don't forget to get the latest DirectX version and drivers for your video.

KCat said:

Except for your graphics card (I've never seen it before), that machine is more than capable.

Yes, I have an integrated 64MB graphics card on my computer. I have been looking into getting a new one for a while now, but I was not sure what the best one I could get was for around $150 Canadian.

KCat Also said:

Try out the demo and see how it fairs.

Would do, but the demo is about 400MB or so I hear, and I have a 28.8kbps connection, so that is out of the question. Unless someone wants to send me a copy on a blank CD haha.

Also, I still can't find a picture of that ship. I am sure I saw it in a clip of the game on TV. So could someone go and get my a screenshot of the ship the lands at the base around the start of the game? Or any UAC Marine type ship for that matter. Alsom if there is a name for the ship(s), could you tell me it. Thanks

Wow, thos are great. Exactly what I needed. And with so many, I just use the built in .JPG viewer thing in XP and it looks like a little mvoie when I go from one to the next.

But ya, I will deffinetly keep you up to date on the comic book. I just need to get my scanner hooked up, hopefully.