Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Godshatter

doom2.exe and doom95.exe problem with demos

ok, so a while back i bought the ultmate doom (doom2, ultimate doom, and the master levels of doom).

so i lost my doom2 cd.

im having trouble viewing demos because the only limit removing ports i have are zdoom and doomsday.

i dont have doom2.exe and dont know how to get doom95 to run demos.

suggestions?

cause, i cant run non zdoom demos in zdoom.

i have prboom but cant get it to run anything bigger than this tiny window. is there a way i can make it full screen?

i dont know how to get eternity to run demos.

what should i be typing into the cmd prompt to play demos in zdoom or eternity? (i forgot how to get zdoom to play demos).

-demo 'demohere'.lmp ?

Most (all?) ports use -playdemo demo.lmp for playback.
Eternity also has a frontend if you prefer that kind of thing. With zdoom and prboom you can also simply drag-and-drop the demo file onto the port executable (along with any relevant pwads).

You probably could find a copy of doom2.exe if you looked for it. I guess since you did buy it earlier, it wouldn't be a copyright violation to download it, either, but IANAL (I Am Not A Lawyer), so don't quote me on that. ^_~

Alternatively, maybe you could write to id Software and ask them for a copy of the exe file only. It *shouldn't* be much of a problem, considering that if you didn't have the IWADs already, it'd be more or less worthless.

Anyway, good luck.

Godshatter said:

i have prboom but cant get it to run anything bigger than this tiny window. is there a way i can make it full screen?

i dont know how to get eternity to run demos.

what should i be typing into the cmd prompt to play demos in zdoom or eternity? (i forgot how to get zdoom to play demos).

-demo 'demohere'.lmp ?

HEAVY SIGH
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/examples.txt

Schneelocke said:

You probably could find a copy of doom2.exe if you looked for it. I guess since you did buy it earlier, it wouldn't be a copyright violation to download it, either, but IANAL (I Am Not A Lawyer), so don't quote me on that. ^_~

Alternatively, maybe you could write to id Software and ask them for a copy of the exe file only. It *shouldn't* be much of a problem, considering that if you didn't have the IWADs already, it'd be more or less worthless.

Anyway, good luck.

Doom is open source. That means the EXE and all derivitives thereof are freely distributable under the terms of the GNU Public License. Otherwise all those source ports would be illegal.

Not quite.

What id Software released under the GNU GPL was not the source code for v1.9, but rather a later version, and as the copyright holder to said code, it is entirely possible for them to change the license so that, for example, the later version was GPL'ed while the older ones weren't / aren't.