Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NightmareZer0

Something very ironic - Phillip Morris runs "QuitAssist"

Not really-- how many products for quitting actually work well? Really the only effective ones shoot nicotine straight into your bloodstream... so, yeah. It doesn't work and PM knows this.

The only solution is to legalise marijuana. Then people can legaly smoke less addictive substances to calm themselves down and chill out.

Danarchy said:

The only solution is to legalise marijuana. Then people can legaly smoke less addictive substances to calm themselves down and chill out.

ROFL!!!!!

heh, for all the goverment bitching and whining... If everyone in the country quit smoking they would shit their collective manpants. Seeing as how fag and beer duty is the only sort of tax I pay.

Phillip Morris funds a lot of anti-smoking stuff, and has done so for many years. So this isnt surprising at all.

Note that Phillip Morris does more than make cigarettes.

spank said:

Nevermind him, he's just a Bush supporter.

Wow, thought they were make-believe.

spank said:

Nevermind him, he's just a Bush supporter.

Could someone please tell me how Bush fits into a discussion about cigarettes and marijuana?

I think this is actually mildly amusing...

Darkhaven said:

Could someone please tell me how Bush fits into a discussion about cigarettes and marijuana?

I think this is actually mildly amusing...

When asked whether he has been faithful to his wife, George W. Bush without hesitation declares he has never cheated. But during the 1994 Texas governor's race, when asked whether he had ever used illegal drugs, he brusquely told a reporter for the Houston Chronicle, "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. . . . How I behaved as an irresponsible youth is irrelevant to this campaign. . . . What matters is how I behave as an adult." And when asked whether he had ever used cocaine or marijuana by the British paper "Scotland on Sunday," Bush said only "When I was young and irresponsible, I was young and irresponsible." While careful not to admit drug use, Bush has admitted that the "irresponsible" period of his life lasted until his 40th birthday.

Silverwyvern said:

As far as I remember, cig companies own alot of food companies.. including some healthfood stores.

It's amazing how many corporations own all of these other corportations.

Danarchy said:

Does this amuse you?

Yes, it does. Very much.

I don't really see how my political views fit in this thread either. It was really out of place.

Danarchy said:

You do remember that smoking grass gets you high...right?

I mean, marijuana isn't exactly a 24/7 all-purpose chill-out toy *cough* although some may disagree... I can't just whip out my bowl and spark it up while I work...or driving in a car or a million other instances. In fact, I'm a firm believer that those who wish to smoke grass, do so in the privacy of their own homes

I'm not defending cigarettes or anything, but you're comparing apples and oranges here.

/does want decrim

Yeah, I know. But still, think of all the people who start with cigs as their first drug when they are a kid. If it was weed instead...well, weed isnt addictive, so maybe not. Eh, nevermind. I'm kind of using fuzzy logic here.

Well, like everything else in the world marijuana is physiologically addictive. Bah, whatever...

I'd rather children didn't use any drug...or have all/any drugs eradicated from the earth somehow. Like that would ever happen...heh

Danarchy said:

well, weed isnt addictive, so maybe not.

That is dead wrong. It isn't physically addicting but some people, like me for example, are mentally addicted to it. If I don't smoke at the end of the day, it's hard to sleep, I get anxious if we have the money to get weed but nobody to sell it, sometimes I scrape my bowl just to catch a tiny buzz at the end of the day if I can't get weed.

Well whatever, people can get addicted to all kinds of stuff like eating or drywalling. My point is that I'd rather have my kids smoking weed than cigs. Weed is a lot less likely to kill you.

Danarchy said:

Well whatever, people can get addicted to all kinds of stuff like eating or drywalling. My point is that I'd rather have my kids smoking weed than cigs. Weed is a lot less likely to kill you.

...wow

Danarchy said:

Well whatever, people can get addicted to all kinds of stuff like drywalling.

roofle
I pitty those poor fuckers...I'd rather have a huge coke problem myself

Danarchy said:

In fact, it's somewhat healthy for you. They say smoking marijuana sparingly helps decrease risk of brain tumors... And masturbating frequently helps lower the risk of getting prostate cancer!

I love how idiots who take a piss on government health warnings jump on the bandwagon of claiming dope is good for you, a rumour propogated by the filthy hippy press.

The true path to enlightenment is to realize that everthing ever invented is bad for you in sufficent doses. And then not give a fuck.

darknation said:

The true path to enlightenment is to realize that everthing ever invented is bad for you in sufficent doses. And then not give a fuck.

Hey, didn't you make that "Universe" thing?