Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kid Airbag

Legalizing Marijuana

Well, this was an arguement a while back, but the topic it was in was either post helled or buried under newer stuff.

Anyway, pot should by all means, be legalized. It would be sold at the same places you can buy cigarettes, which is pretty much everywhere. Of course, there'd be an age limit, either 18 or 21, and IDs should be checked if someone looks younger. It would therefore be illegalized on the street.

It's common-ness would shoot the price on the street way down, so people wouldn't be getting into fights over it. They would probably rather get the same thing legally for a low price and their local gas station or wherever else.

Last of all, if it was officially manufactured by "marijuana" factories, we'd know exactly what went into it. It couldn't be laced with anything more lethal.

Just my two cents, feel free to "flame on" as the forum description states...

As you said before...A-FUCKING-MEN!!!!!!

Do you guys know the REAL reason why pot is illegal in the U.S.? Believe me, it has NOTHING to do with it being a drug! If anything else, pot is safer and better for the body than cigarettes, yet cigarettes are legal!

Anyway, the real reason it's illegal is because back in the 1930's or 60's (I forget which), the cotton industy was afraid that the hemp industry would put them out of business. Ask any environmetalist and/or scientist; hemp makes a much stronger fiber than cotton, and it could solve all the world's energy problems in a flash! But noooooooo, the fucking cotton industry just HAD to convince Congress to pass a law to make hemp and all of its relative plants illegal!

Well, you got at least one ally on your side ArchVile64.

Despite my previous post, I don't think we should legalize ALL drugs. Just weed, medicinal drugs, and (maybe) alcohol and tobacco. Weed is harmless, though the user does become a complete tard after a while of heavy smoking. If we legalize it we can make money off it (well, someone can), and it won't be laced or beefed-up as often.

Making weed legal would make it easy to transport. Nowadays, the law can find pot really easy because of its smell. This leads to more scentless drugs such as heroin to be let into the country. That's why Seattle is the heroin capitol of the country. It's only a 2 or 3 hour drive to the border.

More weed smokage leads to less hard drug usage, thus leading to less overdose fatalities. And less killings over drug money would result.

The only reason why it is not legalized is because it would compete with the hard drugs being shipped over the border by the government. They need their money so they can continue their wars, you know.

If they legalized weed, it would probably be owned and sold by the government itself, and regulated. The THC level would probably be low, but a pack of like...20 joints the size of a 100 sized ciggarette would be worth at least *consults druggy friend* $50 according to him. If they sold it for $30 and taxed the hell out of it they could bitch smack the deficit.

In health class today, we watched this god-awful video about smoking and chewing tobacco and what can happen to you. It was horrible, some dude had a chin tumor, but refused to get surgery for it, and in twelve months it grew as big as his fucking head, all read and lumpy, then he died. And this guy had emphysema, his mucus had to be drained into this vat in front of him out of his nose using a tube. And then he was sticking his hands in the mucus and picking it up. It was horrible. And there's also the fact that 434,000 Americans or something like that died from smoking or chewing-related diseases. That was back in 1989. I'd guess it's even higher nowadays. Oh, yeah, and more Colombians died from American cigarettes than Americans did from Colombian drugs.

My point: Marijuana is harmless, compared to some of this other stuff that's actually legal. Sure, it kills a few brain cells. But at least you're not eating through a hole in your fucking throat, like the poor fools in that movie.

It makes no sense to me why pot hasn't been legalized yet.....

How would the THC level be changed? Isn't it a natural part of marijuana?

Proper breeding, species and the sex of the plant can affect the THC level.

Proper breeding, species and the sex of the plant can affect the THC level.

They do the same thing with nicotine in tobacco.

I don't give a happy shit if they legalize Mary-J or not. I don't smoke it, don't have a need to smoke it, nor will I ever smoke it.

I don't care. Legalize, illegalize it. Makes no difference to me. I suppose you could go ahead and legalize it... its benefits outweigh its risks (letting asswipe idiots get stoned up... if they don't do it with pot then they'll find something else).

Well, pot is a lot safer than some of the "other stuff" those asswipe idiots would be getting stoned up on...i.e. LSD, heroin, crack, etc.

LSD is mostly safe, as long as you don't overdose. Just like coffee. :)

Basically, all drugs that don't cause addiction are safe; as long as you are not a Darwin Awards-certified idiot, you won't get hurt. They shouldn't even be called drugs, IMHO. LSD is not addictive.

LSD is mostly safe, as long as you don't overdose. Just like coffee. :)

Basically, all drugs that don't cause addiction are safe; as long as you are not a Darwin Awards-certified idiot, you won't get hurt. They shouldn't even be called drugs, IMHO. LSD is not addictive.

But caffeine generally isn't dangerous even if you do get addicted.

Well, what is considered "overdose" for caffeine? I have about three Dr. Peppers a day on normal days.

From www.coffeefaq.com:

The LD_50 of caffeine (that is the lethal dosage reported to kill 50% of the population) is estimated at 10 grams for oral administration. As it is usually the case, lethal dosage varies from individual to individual according to weight. Ingestion of 150mg/kg of caffeine seems to be the LD_50 for all people. That is, people weighting 50 kilos have an LD_50 of approx. 7.5 grams, people weighting 80 kilos have an LD_50 of about 12 grams.

In cups of coffee the LD_50 varies from 50 to 200 cups of coffee or about 50 vivarins (200mg each).

Symptoms [of overdose]

* Acute caffeine poisoning gives early symptoms of anorexia, tremor, and restlessness. Followed by nausea, vomiting, tachycardia, and confusion. Serious intoxication may cause delirium, seizures, supraventricular and ventricular tachyarrhythmias, hypokalemia, and hyperglycemia.
* Chronic high-dose caffeine intake can lead to nervousness, irritability, anxiety, tremulousness, muscle twitching, insomnia, palpitations and hyperreflexia. For blood testing, cross-reaction with theophylline assays will detect toxic amounts. (Method IA) Blood concentration of 1-10 mg/L is normal in coffee drinkers, while 80 mg/L has been associated with death.

The toxic dose is going to vary from person to person, depending primarily on built-up tolerance. A couple people report swallowing 10 to 13 vivarin and ending up in the hospital with their stomaches pumped, while a few say they've taken that many and barely stayed awake.

[each vivarin pill is like two cups of Espresso is terms of caffeine content. So three Dr. Peppers is OK :) ]

Actually, pot supposedly doesn't kill brain cells, it just puts them in a temporary sleep. And no, I'm not a pot head, I don't smoke that shit either...and as much as I think we should legalise it, I think that anyone who says that we'll know what goes into it is on crack. how many of us knew there was rocket fuel in cigarettes for christ's sake, until those campaigns started coming around?

Well, we'd know at least that they weren't lacing it with PCP or anything else.

And as for caffeine....duh, insomnia is an effect of caffeine, it's supposed to keep you awake. However, I don't think I'm suffering from caffeine poisoning...I just get the headaches and occaisional migraines from withdrawal...nothing serious, though.

Who are all these people saying marijuana is safe? It's as bad for you, as likely to cause cancer as cigarettes.

Still, of course it should be legalized, or at least decriminalized.

Don't know how much truth is in this, but I heard there was some sort of synthetic type of marijuana with a crazy amount of THC. I also heard it was mentioned in a movie, don't know if that's how the rumor came up or if its the actual truth. I think the name of it was G14? hmm. It would be pretty cool if I could get my hands on that. I could sell it and have a lot of money for a car. =]

EDIT: Yeah, I almost forgot LEGALIZE WEED!!!!

Weed comes in many potencies, flavors, and price ranges. If all goes well I should be getting royally stoned tonight so hey, I hope Maga is ready for another discertation on the wildlife of Portugal. =)

I don't know about the 'G14' government engineered weed from American Beauty but I know one thing, I've had some weed that was $180 a quarter and let me tell you something, it is FUCKING GREAT by comparison of the usual scratch you get a hold of.

The best weed I ever had was some Albino rhino, don't know if that was really it though. Then again the dutch the kid rolled was hitting shitty as hell.

On the usual I have some kindebuds. There's also a lot of this new shit going around called "bubblebarry" or something, supposed to be good as hell, need to get some of that.

(Forenote:) Is this a new thread or something? hmm...

I feel that it's only a metter of time before Marijuana is legalized. I used to think weed meant severe brain damage until i tried it. Of course i would; look at all of the propoganda surrounding it. It's sad. Weed has it over any other drug. Here are the (hopefully unbiased) ways i can think of immediately:

1. O.D. Potential: None (no alcohol poisoning here)

2. Addictiveness: "Any addiction to marijuana is psychological" (a paraphrase from a drug info book my Gr.6 teacher issued my class) What this basically means is that you could be obsessed with it after a while, i.e. thinking about getting high on the weekend during french class. This also means that it would be very easy to simply stop using weed cold-turkey. (look at alcohol, or even more so tobacco)

3. Temporary effects: Bad short-term memory, paranoia, etc., and driving's still a no-no (but doesn't cause violence and recklessness like liquor, which has severe consequences)

4. Long-term effects: Brain cell loss may just be a state of dormancy, respiratory problems with prolonged smoking (more harmful than tobacco, but used in smaller quantities; carcinogenic effects null when weed is ingested otherwise, such as with eating)

I'm positive there are more arguments, but i'm sure they will be mentioned here. I'll close by saying that the governments of practically all of the world's countries are probably either too scared of "tarnishing" their images or lack facts to legalize weed.

4. Long-term effects: Brain cell loss...

No... there's been new research proving marijuana does not kill brain cells like alcohol does. To put it shortly it "tickles them".

My point: Marijuana is harmless, compared to some of this other stuff that's actually legal. Sure, it kills a few brain cells.

Actually, according to the Air Force, it doesn't, which makes it all the more better than before!

Who are all these people saying marijuana is safe? It's as bad for you, as likely to cause cancer as cigarettes.

***BUZZZ!!!!*** WRONG AGAIN!!!!!
Remember what I was talking about in my first reply? Well, AndrewB is a victim of govt. brainwashing, as I quote myself below:

Do you guys know the REAL reason why pot is illegal in the U.S.? Believe me, it has NOTHING to do with it being a drug! If anything else, pot is safer and better for the body than cigarettes, yet cigarettes are legal!

Anyway, the real reason it's illegal is because back in the 1930's or 60's (I forget which), the cotton industy was afraid that the hemp industry would put them out of business. Ask any environmetalist and/or scientist; hemp makes a much stronger fiber than cotton, and it could solve all the world's energy problems in a flash! But noooooooo, the fucking cotton industry just HAD to convince Congress to pass a law to make hemp and all of its relative plants illegal!

Need I say more?

I'm positive there are more arguments, but i'm sure they will be mentioned here. I'll close by saying that the governments of practically all of the world's countries are probably either too scared of "tarnishing" their images or lack facts to legalize weed.

I'll say it again......A-FUCKING-MEN!!!!!!!

4. Long-term effects: Brain cell loss...

No... there's been new research proving marijuana does not kill brain cells like alcohol does. To put it shortly it "tickles them".

That's what he said, he said "Brain cell loss may just be a state of dormancy".

heh caffine addiction, yeah, ive got that, I cant go a week without caffine and soda never lasts more then 24 hours in this house heh

I feel that it's only a metter of time before Marijuana is legalized.

The government doesn't agree. About 6 months to a year ago, a bill (or law or something) was passed, and now even medical marijuana is illegal. Which sucks for a lot of people. One old lady who had cancer or something said that marijuana is the only thing that really gets rid of her pain. Now she has to live in pain the rest of her life. Thank you oh gracious and holy government of the U. S. of A.!