Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan

Abortion

Fuck those goddamn "pro-lifers", how the fuck can you be pro-life if you go around setting fire to doctors and sending anthax to people in the mail? But it doesn't matter if you are a extremist terrostic pro-lifer, a right-wing relgious fundamentalist nutjob or simply a mildly anti-abortion believer, you are wrong and whats more you probably smell funny too.

An unborn baby is just that, unborn. It is still developing and for a good proportion of that time it has no real brain or indeed central nervous system. It is just a mass of cells, sure it has the potential to become a life, but hey so does a sperm or an egg from a womans ovary and I don't see you people burning down the houses of women who have periods or men who wank (though I bet a few relgious nuts would like to). Obviously there has to be a limit on just how far into pregnancy abortion can be carried out, but to say no to abortion completely is just stupid!

Hmmmmmm....I see it this way:

1. Only if the childbirth will endanger the mother
2. Only if the child will not live long after birth

A-FUCKING-MEN

I went to a Catholic school for 10 years, and I began to get really pissed off by the end...all of their pro-life bullshit, pah...it's the mother's choice. Period. End of story. Now go home.

You're forgetting things like accidental teen pregnancies and rape. Once again, it's the mother's choice.

You're forgetting things like accidental teen pregnancies and rape.

I say let the kid be a lesson to that teenage girl, and maybe not go out with the wrong guy or party too much.

I say let the kid be a lesson to that teenage girl, and maybe not go out with the wrong guy or party too much.

What about rape, eh?

Still, no matter what, it is an unborn fetus. Sure, abortion might not be the best decision. But -- again -- it is the mother's choice.

What about rape, eh?

...and maybe not go out with the wrong guy or party too much.

Ummmm, was that too ambiguous?

Rape does occur between total strangers, you know.

Abortion is actualy a good thing for society. Unwanted children usualy end up having a depressing life and either a)they commit suicide, b)they turn to drugs to fill up the empty space in their lives, or c)they become pschotic and end up killing people. Also, this limits world poulation. At the rate we're going between the mass amounts of people being born and the mass amount of forests being destroyed, the Earth will run out of oxygen in about the year 2075.

I can see how aborting the fetus late would be inhumane, especialy in the third trimester, but in the beginning, there is nothing but a barely-formed lump of cells, probably without much of a consiousness.

Then there is the debate over stem cell research. Some say that using the egg cells (or whatever, i can't rmember) is inhumane, but the truth is that they are already dead/useless because thay are the leftovers from the creation of a test tube baby.

ArchVile64, you must understand that I too agree that it's the mother's choice. I was just expressing MY personal opinions on it

I can see how aborting the fetus late would be inhumane, especialy in the third trimester, but in the beginning, there is nothing but a barely-formed lump of cells, probably without much of a consiousness.

Oh, yes, I am by all means against late-term and partial birth abortions. If you're gonna get it done, get it done ASAP.

how the fuck can you be pro-life if you go around setting fire to doctors and sending anthax to people in the mail?

The logic there is "end one life to save many more".

Not that I agree with it, but I can understand how they feel justified in their actions.

Why are people that are traditionally pro-choice also anti-death penalty? Why are people that are traditionally pro-life also pro-death penalty? Think about it...

As for me, I see it this way:

Terrorist - killed thousands of defenseless civilians. Should be put to death (in my humble and detested opinion)

Developing Fetus - was conceived. Worthy of death penalty?

That's just my objective, applied view...

I am pro-choice but not anti-death penalty. If a guy really deserves to die, then do it. However, I think it is actually a harsher punishment to give someone a life sentence without parole...it's like the death penalty, only much, much, much slower...

In my opinion the woman has the right to do anything she wants to to that fetus until it actually grows a brain, up until that point it is just a sack of cells that might as well be a scab.

Late term or partial birth abortions are just fucking sick. The woman gives birth to the baby part way, then they cut open it's skull, jam in a hose, vaccuum it empty and trash the rest. There's nothing scientific or merciful about hoovering a baby's brains out.

Abortion, though, does serve a purpose. I'd sooner see a baby never born than forced to live a horrible, shitty life with poor and irresponsible parents.

No one has any right to kill anyone over a religous or moral disagreement. Those people who shoot doctors and bomb clinics are just fucking HOMICIDAL LUNATICS who pervert the Bible to fit their own zealous idiocy.

I totally agree with it being the mother's choice...to a point. As soon as it's past the stage of a zygote, and into the first three months, I think for sure that the abortion should be denied, cuz she had LOTS of fuckin' time to think about it. A "ya snooze ya lose" policy, if you will.

Ooooh, that's cold, man, but i guess opinion is what this place is for, here's mine: i agree that up until the fetus has a true nervous system, abortions aren't a real problem. And though some might flame me, i think of it (with the above conditions) as below the equivilant of killing a chicken.

If you are insinuating that it is a female's fault at all when she is raped then you need to re-examine your values. I don't care if someone is wearing slutty looking clothes in a jail house, that doesn't give any one any more right to rape them than if they were a nun in full dress. The plain fact is, most women who are raped do not know the assailant. To say that it should be a "lesson" against "going out with the wrong guys" or "partying too much" is fundamentally misguided, and actually pretty damn sick when you think about it. I hope you see my point.

OK... I am going to get my arse flamed for this but:

I am anti-abortion.

in thoses cases, it should still be up to the mothers...

You're forgetting things like accidental teen pregnancies and rape. Once again, it's the mother's choice.

Be carful! use a condom! the pill! and as for rape, just put the kid up for adoption...

it's the mother's choice

hmmm...

Humans aren't really "consiousness" until they're two years old, so by that logic, you could say that it's OK to kill a baby befor he/she is two...

Oh yes, and rapests shood be castrated.

I might add that this is just my opinion.

This really is one of the true 'shades of gray' topics left...

No, I'm not going to flame you, but why is it wrong to kill something before it's even remotely alive? At that point, it's just part of the mother! If she wants to get rid of part of herself, that's her decision. Some some beaurocrat in Washington's.

Generally there are better option's than abortion. However there are some instances where it is really the only choice, such as the birth will endager the mother's life or the child's life. There was this girl who lived in my town and she got pregnant, so her father told her if she got an abortion he would buy her a car, so of course she got the abortion. Lo and behold not to long after that her little sister got pregnant, had an abortion and got a new car. Now that's a sick reason to get an abortion, just to get a new car. But if abortions are made ilegal than the girls who really need them will get an abortion at a 'coat-hanger clinic' in some alleyway, and they will generally get an infection and die. So then you get two deaths just because some people don't believe that an unborn child who (I personally don't think) is even a child yet. While it's still in the womb and connected to the mother I see it as part of the womans body, and therefore she has every right to do with it as she chooses. And if she chooses to get an abortion then that is her right.

Also, there's the point of the child's welfare. Is it so good if a dirt-poor hobo woman has a child she is unable to care for? Assuming giving the kid up for adoption isn't an option, which is worse: never living at all or having to steal and/or whore theirselves around to survive? Just a thought, there.....

I say you're a fucking retard.