Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RamboBones

Doom without a scratch Part 2

I don't know if any of you remember but i had a thread on here a couple of months ago (?) with part of my demo of Doom without a scratch. That is the entire of Doom 2 on Ultra Violence mode without taking any damage.

Obviously this is a TAS demo and i forget where I was up to when I last posted but now I've just completed level 24.

A combination of ammo wasting and not picking up enough ammo (due to lack of knowledge of maps) has lead me to have 8 cells and 54 rockets at the start of map 25. I'm hoping that I'll be able to do this map somehow but I figure it might be a good time to put up what I've done.

Although I'm using GLBoom to record this I'm still trying to 'cheat' as little as possible and as such I take ridiculously long on some levels so I recommend watching it on 3x, if you can even stand that.

I should get onto the link, it is http://211.30.150.106:81/u16.lmp

I'm serving the file off my own computer so please don't overload my connection all at once :)

Whilst on the subject of reality style demos (mine doesn't qualify because I use the bfg/plasma gun) does anybody know of other doom2 movies made in reality or near reality style?

RamboBones said:
Whilst on the subject of reality style demos (mine doesn't qualify because I use the bfg/plasma gun) does anybody know of other doom2 movies made in reality or near reality style?

Two runs, from Panter's old reality archive which I put up on my webspace:

Map 1-2 (on skill 4)
Map 1-5 (on skill 1)

Those are the only *movies* I can think of. If you look in the directory, though, you'll find good non-cheated reality demos of all maps, and hence good routes for the remaining maps. I think it's really great that someone finally took the effort to record this; I was thinking of it myself but hesitated because of the amount of work you have to put in... Good luck!

As far as the ammount of work goes, yeh it as alot but I'm hoping I'll inspire some of the good players to actually give it a go. Sinc they actually know the levels they'll probably beat my times to hell :). The good news is that I've done map 25! And I think that in itself deserves and update. Latest version can be found http://211.30.150.106:81/u26.lmp

As far as my numbering system goes I go up one number each time I successfully complete part of level and choose to continue, it's not indicative of how many goes it took :P, been at this one level for the last 2 hours or so 8-) Think I'll just shutup and go to bed now