Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
{FcOd}Diablo

GTA: San Andreas

Ok, i can tell by the screenshots and movies on the website that this is going to be one majorly kick ass game.

But ive asked many people, read through diffrent magizines, and searched various websites, and every time i look at one of them i get a diffrent realease date. So, If anyone knows the correct (EXACT) date that this monster will be released post it here, it would be greatly appriciated.

Ive already preordered it.

BTW Its suppose to be October 19, but Ive heard rumors that its been delayed a week after that.

I remember hearing about this game.

A bunch people said it was racist because the main character is black and that it's implying that all black people are criminals... even though the past 4 games had a white guy.

S1lent said:

I remember hearing about this game.

A bunch people said it was racist because the main character is black and that it's implying that all black people are criminals... even though the past 4 games had a white guy.

Im a member at the Gamespot Forums and everyday there at the GTA:SA Forums we get a Racist Topic like "Why is the main character black??".

I was hoping that R* would make a new engine for San Andreas but it seems that they are still sticking to the 3 year old GTA3 engine which disapointed me since that engine is old and really wasnt great to begin with.But I heard that the game is 3 times bigger and has no loading times asides from when you start the game which Im really happy about.

Ok, so the release date is supposed to be October 19th?
Thats the date that ive heard most often so thats the one I am probably going to go with.

And who really cares if the main character is black, doesnt really mean the game is racist or its impliing that all black ppl are criminals, just as long as the game as fun most people probably wont even pay any attention to that.

Oct 26 is the day IIRC. Two weeks only, damn. They best not fudge it up like vice city. All this shit they claim to be adding...i dunno. I'll be sceptical until I play it myself.

Quast said:

Oct 26 is the day IIRC. Two weeks only, damn. They best not fudge it up like vice city. All this shit they claim to be adding...i dunno. I'll be sceptical until I play it myself.

O_O ahh!! another date ive been hearing....

{FcOd}Diablo said:

And who really cares if the main character is black, doesnt really mean the game is racist or its impliing that all black ppl are criminals, just as long as the game as fun most people probably wont even pay any attention to that.

Appearantly black people. Probably angry black people who think that the white-man is always trying to bring them down.

No, black people don't care. I've talked it out with the HNIC and he's cool with the whole thing. It's the white people who don't want to play 100+ hours' worth of Bloods VS. Crips. You know how that goes...

Of course, they're not any more annoying than the people popping up left and right because of this game who want to "stop the hatred" and "embrace our protagonist of color".

Numbermind said:

It's the white people who don't want to play 100+ hours' worth of Bloods VS. Crips. You know how that goes...

Apparently the "being a gangsta" part of the game is only a small portion. Myself? I'll probably spent a fuckton of time causing 4-wheeler and/or monster truck havok in the small towns...hardly gangsta

Besides...wasn't tommy vercetti supposed to be latino? A least that's how I saw vice city.

Numbermind said:

No, black people don't care. I've talked it out with the HNIC and he's cool with the whole thing. It's the white people who don't want to play 100+ hours' worth of Bloods VS. Crips. You know how that goes...

Of course, they're not any more annoying than the people popping up left and right because of this game who want to "stop the hatred" and "embrace our protagonist of color".

Why would a group of angry white guys be complaining that a game is racist simply because the main character is black? No, I'm pretty sure it's agnry black guys. They usually complain about pointless crap like this.

S1lent said:

Why would a group of angry white guys be complaining that a game is racist simply because the main character is black? No, I'm pretty sure it's agnry black guys. They usually complain about pointless crap like this.

^RACISM^

Numbermind said:

^RACISM^

No, I'm not racist against black people. I just get annoying by the ones who complain about stupid stuff like this.

Im only hoping that the game isnt entirely about Ghetto/Gangsta Crap.That shit is sooo played out its not even funny.

And I agree with Captain Red.

The only problem I have with it is that it seems to be not mafia-style coolness, but rather simple gangsta type stuff. Also, it looks like they added way to much stuff that's likely to just end up annoying me or somesuch. The whole part about buying stores turned me off of Vice City. Still going to buy it someday though.

Just give me good old GTA3, impossible ambulance mission or no.

Danarchy said:

The whole part about buying stores turned me off of Vice City. Still going to buy it someday though.

The stores in VC amount to nothing more than some extra missions and extra save points. Plus you get money for them. And IIRC they're optional. So I dunno what you're complaining about.

Well I never really did play it much. It just looked like they were a major part of the game.

Danarchy said:
Well I never really did play it much. It just looked like they were a major part of the game.

Well you do need to own (and do a set of missions for) most of them to finish the game. but trust me, they work in the games favor.

I'm sold on this one! I get to ride in fast 'n furious G rides and gun down my home boys! That's really neat that you can rice out cars. Chances are, EB will let me trade in any 3 games (aside from sports games) for it. Which means I can get rid of these three shitcrapfuck games and get real game worth playing.

Heh, you can make your own skins anyway. Plus I dont think VC or III came with only one skin, you just have to know where to look. Anyway, who cares? Vice City = Mid-80s, Mafia; San Andreas = Early-90s, Gangsta's.

POTGIESSER said:

I'm sold on this one! I get to ride in fast 'n furious G rides and gun down my home boys! That's really neat that you can rice out cars. Chances are, EB will let me trade in any 3 games (aside from sports games) for it. Which means I can get rid of these three shitcrapfuck games and get real game worth playing.

What Crappy games are you talking about???

hmmm...apparently there is a large outdoor marijuana growing operation somewhere in the game (according to the official site). Now, if that's an asset you can purchase....hot damn!

You're not much of a gangster. More like a freelancer of crime. You go around doing "favors" for other gangs or corrupt business men for tons of cash or gifts.

I have no idea what the storyline is for SA but the gameplay looks much better. And I'm so glad they can swim now! Sure, he can drive a motorcicle over 2 buildings, shoot dozens of people, and steal cars, but he couldn't swim...

insertwackynamehere said:

Anyway, who cares? Vice City = Mid-80s, Mafia; San Andreas = Early-90s, Gangsta's.

vice city about the mafia? What? you mean GTA3 = Early-00s, Mafia. vice city = mid 80s, cocaine and gay dude that stabs you in the back eventually