Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
markoo7

hell portal

how do i get past the 2 monsters what come out of the portal,ive used every bit of weaponary ive got and i cant kill them

Uuhh you just shoot them until they die. It shouldn't be that hard, you can actually kill one of them without reloading. (Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, Plasma Gun, Chaingun, BFG)

A fully-charged BFG shot following by a quick plasma strafe does the job for me.

they are hell-knights

you will face more of them later

if you dont have a bfg, 5 rockets to one will put it down, then unload the chaingun or plasma gun into the other.

Godshatter said:

if you dont have a bfg, 5 rockets to one will put it down, then unload the chaingun or plasma gun into the other.

Wtf? It took me 7 rockets to one of the HKs to bring him down (tried just yesterday). The other HK's take 4 to 6 rockets though. Don't know if it's a bug or what.

Btw, he might as well zap the other with a non-charged BFG blast since you're gonna lose all your ammo right afterwards anyway.

Yeah, it's pretty easy. The only (minor) problem is the arena is a little cramped with a few barriers etc to snag yourself on. With a slightly larger arena there would be no challenge to that fight what so ever.

kristus said:

I didn't even find the BFG before I went to hell. But that Bruiser Brother match is pretty easy.

Abrams office in Delta, code 931 :P

Enjay said:

With a slightly larger arena there would be no challenge to that fight what so ever.

As in the first HK you fight in hell - run up, smack him in the face with a shotgun round, back up before he whacks you, repeat 2-3 times.

thats how I do it. a up clois eand personal shotgun blast usally makes for quick work of those guys. however if youa re not quick it can also make quick work of you

Spike said:

As in the first HK you fight in hell - run up, smack him in the face with a shotgun round, back up before he whacks you, repeat 2-3 times.

Absolutely. That's pretty much how I do it. However, every now and again I back up onto a railing or something else just gets in my way.

And that's really what I was saying. The monsters aren't hard, but if you don't look out for stuff in the way in that fairly small space, that's what'll lead to you getting killed. Out in the open, those guys are no threat because you can always avoid their attacks. It's just when you are in a small space with obstacles, and you're clumsy :-), you get caught.

A Single Chaingun Belt will Kill a Hell Knight.Try aiming for their Head if your really low on Ammo.

I thought the Rocket Launcher in Doom 3 Should of been more Powerful.

The later HK (just after the soul bridge in Hell) is much more of a pain, since all your exits are blocked off and the only place left to go is through the fucker.

The 2 HK + Archvile spawned at the beginning of Caverns 2 was actually the worst for me. The area is very small to start with...

I remember when i first fought those two hellknights by the portal (notice how it parodies E1M8 from doom1 noobs). I couldn't get my bfg working properly; kept blowing up in my face or not doing enough damage. Soon as i got it sussed i kicked the snot out of 'em.

XXoXX said:

The 2 HK + Archvile spawned at the beginning of Caverns 2 was actually the worst for me. The area is very small to start with...

Soul cube and bfg worked fine for me.

Unless you've not got the SC charged enough when they appear.

XXoXX said:

I used the chainsaw and lost almost no health.

Shaviro said:

I used the chainsaw and lost almost no health.

That chainsaw is overpowered imo. But then, it is placed in weapon slot '0' after the BFG.

Every time I fight the two at the portal, they're harder to kill then the ones later in the game are. And I'm not just talking about there being no place to go, they seem harder to kill, period. Also, does anyone else notice that their projectiles generate splash damage?

Airman266 said:

Every time I fight the two at the portal, they're harder to kill then the ones later in the game are. And I'm not just talking about there being no place to go, they seem harder to kill, period. Also, does anyone else notice that their projectiles generate splash damage?

They're tougher than the regular Hellknights - in a way, they're a sort of "fake Barons".

I didn't keep completely up to speed with the Doom 3 news, so I really had no idea that the Baron wasn't in the game. When I bet it without running into one, I was a bit disappointed. I'm sure this isn't surprising, or new to anyone.

Airman266 said:

I didn't keep completely up to speed with the Doom 3 news, so I really had no idea that the Baron wasn't in the game. When I bet it without running into one, I was a bit disappointed. I'm sure this isn't surprising, or new to anyone.

Heh, I wasn't just "a bit disappointed".

"Extremely pissed off and very damn disappointed" would be closer to the truth in my case :-P
Now I've settled with the hopes that we'll see good ol' Baron in an expansion - it had better be there!

Airman266 said:

Also, does anyone else notice that their projectiles generate splash damage?

IIRC, all projectile attacks cause splash damage. Imps, Hell Knights, Mancubus, Revenants, Cyberdemon... though I'm not that sure on the Cacodemon; that floaty critter might be the exception.

Spike said:

IIRC, all projectile attacks cause splash damage. Imps, Hell Knights, Mancubus, Revenants, Cyberdemon... though I'm not that sure on the Cacodemon; that floaty critter might be the exception.

The Cacodemon has splash damage all right.

Of course, the HK's attack has a wider area-of-effect than pretty much all the others (except for the Cybie), so it's easier to notice with him.