Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Goat

Half Life 2 has gone bling-bling

footman said:

If it's anything like the first, it'll be a boring, cheat filled, hack ridden cesspool of the universe.

Agreed.

footman said:

If it's anything like the first, it'll be a boring, cheat filled, hack ridden cesspool of the universe.

What game... isn't cheat-filled and a hack-ridden cesspool of the universe?...

So long as there are online games, there will always be idiotic and annoying people who will insist on finding hacks because they suck and are miserable when playing the game and want everyone to be equally as miserable.

In other words, the scum of online gaming.

Linguica said:

Oh my God, AndrewB has to post so that we know that he doesn't care! He can't just not pay attention, he has to make sure we all know he's not paying attention.

*whoosh*

GS-1719 said:

I didn't touch the multiplayer component of the original Half-Life, but thought the singleplayer game was very good. I'm definitely looking forward to HL2, though nowhere near as eagerly as the fanboys.

agreed. i played MP some times. i had loads more fun with ET than CS. note ET as in enemy territory.

i loved the single player part of it. granted it was a bit gbuggy in places. i have the first version of HL so i remeber.

infact i remember buying the game cause i had just sold another game. nothing else interested me, or i already had it. so i took a stab at the mystery game. i was very very surprised

So when the fuck are they planning on finishing TF2? Helooo? TF fan here. What about MY needs?

Danarchy said:

So when the fuck are they planning on finishing TF2? Helooo? TF fan here. What about MY needs?

Dannyboy do you always have to be so needy? :P

I'm waiting for TF2 myslef, team fortress with Ragdoll physics and updated graphics + Border map (best TF map ever) =

Ralphis said:
It'll be better than doom3 hopefully

And I'll enjoy it more

That villainess Ralphis is at it again!

* Captain Red shakes fist

Linguica said:

You fucking attention whore

And look who's whoring attention all over the place about his ability to take on AndrewB.

How do you take on AndrewB? That's like firing everything you have into a black hole.

Anyway, I'm just beginning to allow myself to look forward to hl2 now. Not spoiling anything for myself though, just as with doom3.

DoomDan said:

Im just posting this because I just found it, Not because Im interested in HL2.Dont bother me.

There's no shame in getting moderately excited over the release of a promising video game.

Im not bursting with excitement, but Im interested in its release. Im only in it for the single-player though.

finally. because of valve, troika couldn't release vampire and have their game show up HL2.

I live only 1 hour away from valve hq. It would've been cool to playtest.

Lord FlatHead said:

There's no shame in getting moderately excited over the release of a promising video game.

Sorry but No.

BTW The game already got an 98 from PC Gamer

Yes, yes I already knew this. A more summarized version of the story from another website.

LOS ANGELES (October 18, 2004) – Vivendi Universal Games (VU Games) today announced that Half-Life® 2, the sequel to one of the most critically acclaimed PC titles in gaming history, will ship to retail outlets around the world in November. Even though ValVe, the company that created Half-Life 2 said their release date to be November 1st, Vivendi announced that Half-Life 2 has gone gold only now with a planned retail street date of November 16, 2004. The countdown to the highly anticipated retail street date has begun around the world, as VU Games completes plans to ship localized versions of Half-Life 2 simultaneously in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Korean, Thai and Japanese.

Uh-Oh Doom 3's got competition! Hah, let the computer game war begin! <evil face>

I think it would be interesting to know... what is the average age of a "Doomer" to that of a "Lifer". I would just be willing to wager that Doomers tend to be older. For many of us, Doom was the first game we played that changed our outlook on gaming... 5/6 years later HL came out and was the game that influenced another generation of gamers. 5 years may sound few, but in gaming terms that's a long time. So when the respective sequels to each of the two gaming generations flagship titles are due at the same time, critiques of both will probably be recieved completely different.

Let's assume that the average gamer was introduced to each at the age of 12. 11 years later, Doom players would be 23 and Half Life players would be 18. This does not account for the fact that when Doom came out it was wildly addicting to older people too and college campuses, so the average age of Doom players is probably a bit older (Fodders).

To me, this seems like what I'm seeing in the reviews too. Ask Veteran Doomers what they thought of Doom3, you'll probably get "OK, the same gameplay I played 11 years ago, so it gets stale." And being older, people tend to be more reasonably critical of things, and thus are probably harder on there game's sequel than Half Life's fanbase.

Where the hell was I going with this... Both games will probably adhere to there original gameplay styles and not be incredibly innovative, just fun games.

Screw it, I forgot where I was going with this two paragraphs ago. I'm tired, I'm going to bed.

allready went gold and it just somehow allready got leaked onto Emule.... friggin sad....

oh well, i know im gonna wait until Novemeber to play it.

Skeletor said:

hey....im a doomer and im 18. First played doom II in 96.

same here but for me it was on an SNES :|

Danarchy said:

Still not caring.

DoomDan said:

Dont care.Half life sucks

Then it's extremely strange you would bother reading - let alone post in - this thread, isn't it?

think it would be interesting to know... what is the average age of a "Doomer" to that of a "Lifer". I would just be willing to wager that Doomers tend to be older. For many of us, Doom was the first game we played that changed our outlook on gaming... 5/6 years later HL came out and was the game that influenced another generation of gamers. 5 years may sound few, but in gaming terms that's a long time. So when the respective sequels to each of the two gaming generations flagship titles are due at the same time, critiques of both will probably be recieved completely different.

Let's assume that the average gamer was introduced to each at the age of 12. 11 years later, Doom players would be 23 and Half Life players would be 18. This does not account for the fact that when Doom came out it was wildly addicting to older people too and college campuses, so the average age of Doom players is probably a bit older (Fodders).

Ok now for the truth. Im a 19 year old gamer who is very interested in Half-life 2 becuase of its physics aspects. i do not see a single thing in doom that lets me drag various characters across spiked blades. Also, i still play Doom 2: Hell on Earth every day, and enjoy it very much. Now if you want to go on and keep stereotyping about those bullshit CSers out there going "LOL I LOVE HL" Then go ahead. Doom 3 is a tech demo with a storyline slapped on. Half-life 2 will be the same, but atleast the storyline changes. And the gameplay. You must get along very well on more mature multiplayer games other than TechDemo 3 and Haflife.
I salute you! now Go To Hell! http://members.aol.com/misteroo/bongun.swf

(PS I did not say anything about how halflife 2 was going to be either good or bad, just that it was good. I also did not state a single fact about doom 3. Great job on the Idiot CS Gamer stereotype (i hate cs))