Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
silent_shadow900

Extinction mod

Hi, im silent_shadow900, The Manager of the extinction mod for doom 3, brought to you by fragu.
I need Staff for the mod though. We have about 10 people but need more.
ITs an aliens versus humans type thiing, only the aliens are intelegent, and dont go near the whole hive thing as much.
We need a coder, modeler/animator/skinner, and a texturer. If you are interested, please e-mail me.

silent_shadow900 said:

Hi, im silent_shadow900, The Manager of the extinction mod for doom 3, brought to you by fragu.
I need Staff for the mod though. We have about 10 people but need more.
ITs an aliens versus humans type thiing, only the aliens are intelegent, and dont go near the whole hive thing as much.
We need a coder, modeler/animator/skinner, and a texturer. If you are interested, please e-mail me.

Aliens as in aliens, and not demons right?

I hate it when people call the demons in doom aliens, cause they ain't aliens dagnabbit >_<

Good luck though man, I have no talent :P

silent_shadow900 said:

Aliens, as in, not from earth. Although you could say the same thing for the demons who came out of hell in doom 3, im sure you know what i mean.

=/

classified unless you are working on it, but ill give you something to ponder over.
Humans and aliens are Running out of resources, need another planets resources to
live. Aliens are about the same intelligence as us. Year 2100. Aliens have been known about for 50 years.
Aliens have adapted stolen technology to our own. Result: ships and the like.

silent_shadow900 said:

classified unless you are working on it, but ill give you something to ponder over.
Humans and aliens are Running out of resources, need another planets resources to
live. Aliens are about the same intelligence as us. Year 2100. Aliens have been known about for 50 years.
Aliens have adapted stolen technology to our own. Result: ships and the like.

That actually sounds like a lot of fun man!

Trust me, if I had some sort of skill in anything I'd help you out, but alas I am only a player =/

Good luck though! And when its released I'll be the first to try it out (non-beta wise) ;)

Cliff Rules said:

That actually sounds like a lot of fun man!

Trust me, if I had some sort of skill in anything I'd help you out, but alas I am only a player =/

Good luck though! And when its released I'll be the first to try it out (non-beta wise) ;)

dont tell me you want to alpha test it too...

silent_shadow900 said:

not much progress, but some concept art and test maps.

I'd highly recommend that you cook up something to show - something to suggest that there's an actual chance of it getting released.

You won't attract an awful lot of skilled modmakers if you have nothing to show them which could back up your words about the mod being in actual progress.

If you can't at the very least map, then there's no point in starting a mod. If you can map, you'd best start doing part of a map from your project, then release a few screenies of it to show that: "Yes, I'm actually willing and capable of contributing to this mod myself, but I can't carry the entire workload on my own - please help if you want to".
It's not enough to say that you already have ten people on your team and whatever, because theoretically speaking and with no offense intended, you could be lying us all straight in our faces. You need visuals to back up your words and make you seem convincing and dedicated.

Edit: Ok, one screenie is better than nothing so ignore what I just said (only keep it for future reference :-P).

We have ten people working on this mod btw, oh i told you? Well you will have to trust me. We have one test map done, our webeditor is working on this, and more people. LEt me post the roster.
Mod Leader: AlmightyGIR
Temp. Mod Leader(s): Silent_shadow900
Manager: Silent_shadow900
Web Site Designer: OysterBoy
Concept Artists: OysterBoy, Nitro
Animator(s): Krazyace
Texture Artists / Skinners: OysterBoy, {NZL}Shogun-X^sL
Modelers: AlmightyGIR
Mappers: Mikka T, Guitardork
Sound Engineers: OysterBoy, Mikka T, {NZL}Shogun-X^sL
Scripter: Guitardork
Story Writer: Dstone
Coder: WE ARE DESPERATELY IN NEED OF AN EXPERIENCED CODER! PLEASE CONTACT Silent_Shadow900 TO APPLY!!!

silent_shadow900 said:

Coder: WE ARE DESPERATELY IN NEED OF AN EXPERIENCED CODER! PLEASE CONTACT Silent_Shadow900 TO APPLY!!!

OK! I'M ON IT..

Wait a minute. I can barely script Fraggle Script. Sorry, no dice.

I thought you said there were 10 of you. All I see is 2. unless you count all the split personalities you have.