Doom 3 mission pack announced

Cliff Rules said:

Please hell on earth

Please water sections

Please DB Shotgun

Please Baron

Please

=/

Add in an arachnotron to that list of pleas.

S1lent said:

Awesome! Can't wait. Lets hope these missions are better than the first set.

Well, they'd be hard pushed to make them more dull, dark and repetitive than the main game so maybe they will be better. However, I don't hope they will be because id will probably disappoint me if I do.

Doom - Where the safest place is behind a trigger!
Doom2 - Let the obsession begin again!
Doom3 - Not as good as it should have been!

dsm said:

Add in an arachnotron to that list of pleas.

Seconded. Spider Mastermind would be nice, too...

DoomDan said:

a Gun with a Light attachment or a Railgun,I really dont care for the DB Shotgun

OMFGYOUFAILIT

There will be a mod that makes HOE look like a lost child about to be kicked in the face.

Spike said:

There will be a mod that makes HOE look like a lost child about to be kicked in the face.

O_o

Are you speaking of the one TR00 Hell On Earth Mod which actually has a big team and is getting somwhere?

Or are we speaking of something else entirely? :(

Spike said:

I assume he's doing some petty posturing regarding the mod some DW people are making

Cliff Rules said:

GET THE FUCK OUT NOW

Thank God your Banned

I though the Regular Shotgun was powerful enough as it is in Doom 3.

And I dont think this is exactly gonna be like Doom II maps though Im hoping for more Bigger areas.

Spike said:

lol......yeah! :P
It should be a real treat for the doomer.

XXoXX said:

A sniper rifle would be nice.

(ok, so I may be into too much CS here)

I don't really see when you'd use it.. I mean, Doom is mostly a close-quarter combat game.

DoomDan said:

Thank God your Banned

I though the Regular Shotgun was powerful enough as it is in Doom 3.

Well it's not. It's as powerful/weak as the classic sb shotgun, but we need a double-barreled brute of a shotgun that's twice as poweful so that you can fight larger groups (i.e. five individuals) of pinkies with a decent chance of surviving and we need a shotgun without the standard reload slide (which is cool in a different way).

Oh and railguns have no place in a Doom game. Leave that for Quake IV.

a Gun with a Light attachment or a Railgun

I've got an advice for you: Stay away from Doom 3 and any add-on ever released for it. Go wait for Quake 4 instead if the flashlight bothers you so much.
A gun with light attachment would completely ruin Doom 3.

OT: If the XP is in fact a HOE style game and it includes a db shotgun, they'd better not give it to you until halfway through the game. It's gonna be difficult to balance it just right so that you won't end up using the db over the sb one once you get it.

dsm said:

OT: If the XP is in fact a HOE style game and it includes a db shotgun, they'd better not give it to you until halfway through the game. It's gonna be difficult to balance it just right so that you won't end up using the db over the sb one once you get it.

WRONG you get it on Map02

I dont recall saying that the Flashlight in Doom 3 "bothered me".And your probably right, It would ruin the game.

Quast once said:

I must be the only person to thinks the SSG is a fucking stupid, cheap-ass weapon. It's lame in multi, and basicly becomes the only weapon you end up using in sp for the most part.

Guess Quast isnt the only person that thinks that afterall.

And why not a Railgun, it was awesome in Quake 2[Which for the exception of that,All the guns in Quake 2 were essentually the same as Doom guns]

And like another person said, Im hoping for some water sections.Water would look awesome with a Graphic engine such as Doom 3s.