zombieribcage

alien 6

alien
aliens
alien III
alien IV
.....? alien V?

heh, you're right. WTF? alien VI?

didn't even bother seeing AVP cause everyone i know say its sucks ass.

Sephiroth said:

alien
aliens
alien III
alien IV
.....? alien V?

heh, you're right. WTF? alien VI?

didn't even bother seeing AVP cause everyone i know say its sucks ass.

One of my Ex-Friends said that AVP was one of the best movie he ever saw[and he constantly keeps on saying that to this day].I still refuse to see it.How old is the Alien Franchise anyway? I think its even older then my Grandmother.

I heard rumors about this in January. If they bring back Sigourney Weaver, she better stop being a slut and start lifting weights again.

I'll wait till the 18-rated AVP hits DVD i think, with proper splatter!. Of course it wont, and cant, be as good as the mighty Aliens. I just hope if they do make a number 6, they go with the right formula

Rough, tough, tomboy-ish female lead (does it need to be Ripley being re-incarnated again though?)
FUTURE setting, no modern-day "we found a pyramid" shit, i want colonial marines, dark, forboding alien planets, light years from home and help
Scares, Alien was terrifying, Aliens was scary but an action movie at the same time, the others where dumb. I want it to be frightening again
SPLATTER!-No more 12(a) rated ball shitsnakes, i want heads crushed, limbs hacked off, and the blood to spray all over the screen, as if being hosed on to the camera!!

they don't have to resurrect Ripley, they can just use the clone of her from the end of Alien: Resurrection. The end of that movie (the theatrical one anyway) was left pretty open ended, so they could just be on earth and omg a face hugger was left alive on the ship!

I don't have much faith in Anderson though, but maybe he will improve with time! Or maybe AVP really did get butchered like he said and the uncensored version is much better (though the writing will still be pretty shitty, but at least there will be blood and stuff).

Well, looks like James Cameron was right: making an AvP movie cheapened the franchise immensely. You can all kiss those Ridley Scott rumours about doing another Alien movie goodbye...

Its obviously crying out for directation by Ruggero Deodato or Umberto Lenzi. at least they will put gore in!. Its a shame the great Lucio Fulci is no longer with us, unless he could be zombiefied somehow..heh

DoomDan said:

How old is the Alien Franchise anyway? I think its even older then my Grandmother.

Alien was released in 1979.

i didnt find the first Alien really terrifying....and everyone i know just laughs at the migraine strobing lights at the end

i liked Aliens..i thought it was actually a bit scarier because it gave me the feeling of their ability to just invade wherever they want

alien 3 is good, but i cant sit through it all at once....lol @ the guy putting goggles on before attempting to rape ripley

only saw the 4th one once, and that was before i saw any of hte others

and avp i think is passable as Predator 3...i think that overall its better than Predator 2

blah blah blah

lucio fulci doing an Alien movie would be nuts...nothing would make sense and it would probably end with the devil showing up and killing everyone

Cyb said:

I don't have much faith in Anderson though, but maybe he will improve with time!

If anything, it seems to me that he's gotten worse. I really liked Event Horizon after realizing what it was and seeing it a second (and third and fourth) time. I wasn't aware that AvP had been severely edited - if Anderson's AvP director's cut compared to the theatrical release is similar to Jackson's extended TTT compared to the theatrical release, it could be great. If that's the case, it would seem that Anderson is one of the most unfortunate victims of studio editing these days. Event Horizon had over 30 minutes edited from the final cut (along with a few scenes replaced for "greater accessibility") and all I've heard about the contents of the extra footage would fix every single complaint I had regarding that movie. Although, I wish he'd get the proper version of Event Horizon released before bothering with the proper version of AvP.

S1lent said:

I thought there were only 3 Alient movies.. I dind't know there was a 4th one.

That's a mighty large rock you've been living under.

Anyway, I enjoyed AVP for what it was - an intense action flick. Unfortunatly, i doubt Weaver would be up for another Alien film and, lets face it, it wouldn't quite be the same without Ripley.

Spike said:

That's a mighty large rock you've been living under.

No, I'm just not a big Alien fan... I saw the first one, then AvP, and that's about all I've really been interested in Alien.

S1lent said:

No, I'm just not a big Alien fan... I saw the first one, then AvP, and that's about all I've really been interested in Alien.

You have never even seen Aliens? Wtf? You need to go out and get yourself cultured...go rent it at least.

Damn boy...

Good year for music, but I don't know about the games part. Only game that has come out that I'd consider buying is Dawn of War.

Anyway, AVP != Alien 5. As any comic fan knows, crossovers don't count towards either franchise.

Danarchy said:

Only game that has come out that I'd consider buying is Dawn of War.

I've got my eye on that too, moreso since playing the demo. Reminds me of a cross between WC3 and Z.

Lüt said:

Event Horizon had over 30 minutes edited from the final cut (along with a few scenes replaced for "greater accessibility") and all I've heard about the contents of the extra footage would fix every single complaint I had regarding that movie.

Sure, sure... Will the extra footage do your laundry too?

Relica Religia said:

I remember hearing rumors on that site that the FIFTH Alien movie was going to be a joint project by Ridley Scott and James Cameron.....sigh.

There were lots of rumours flying around because both Cameron and Scott had said that it might be fun to do another movie. I don't think it's realistic that both of them would have worked on the same one, however. I think it's safe to say that their interest tanked after AvP.

And as for Lucio Fulci directing an Alien movie... WTF, that has to be one of the most bizarre ideas I have ever heard :) It does make sense in a perverted way however, since aliens are so spikey everywhere there are lots of opportunities for Fulci's patented Extreme Eye Trauma(tm) shots.

david_a said:

Sure, sure... Will the extra footage do your laundry too?

No but I can use the reels to strangle you >:(=

I find it extremely interesting how people in this thread can slag off Paul Anderson because of Resident Evil and AvP (RE being a great film IMHO), yet allow James Cameron to get away with Titanic (quite probably the most annoying film ever made) and Terminator 3, and conveniently ignore Ridley Scott's abysmal G.I. Jane.

NiGHTMARE said:

I find it extremely interesting how people in this thread can slag off Paul Anderson because of Resident Evil and AvP (RE being a great film IMHO), yet allow James Cameron to get away with Titanic (one of the most annoying films ever made) and Terminator 3.

Cameron didn't direct or produce Terminator 3, AFAIK he only wrote an outline of the script and gave it away because he didn't like it that much.

For some reason he did get an incredible hard-on over the Titanic; I can't really explain that. He made some documentaries about it too which I assume are better than the actual movie. I get the feeling he wanted to be known for more than action movies, but I'm not sure he can really do more than that.

Where Cameron really shines is in coming up with incredible action sequences. T1, Aliens, T2, and The Abyss are chock full of these and I see nothing in Anderson's resume that even remotely compares.

conveniently ignore Ridley Scott's abysmal G.I. Jane.

Again, I don't think anyone here is claiming that Scott or Cameron is perfect, but can you honestly say that anything Anderson has made can remotely compare to Alien, Blade Runner, T1, or T2?

david_a said:

Again, I don't think anyone here is claiming that Scott or Cameron is perfect, but can you honestly say that anything Anderson has made can remotely compare to Alien, Blade Runner, T1, or T2?

That isn't my point. What I'm trying to say is you can't judge a director/writer based on just one or two of their films.

event horizon = nice design, cool story, ruined by bad pacing and awful editing. A fucking waste of an excelent concept.
soilder = piss poor design, terrible characters, piss poor movie.
resident evil = crap
mortal kombat = hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahha No.
AvP = Takes a series already half destroyed by the crapfest that was alien rez and finishes the job.

So far he has made NOTHING that impresses me.