Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JDMdeezNUTZ

who thinks drifting is dumb?

well. i was just wondering about it since i do it allot. ive got an fc rx7 with a straight exhaust and it scares the kiddies with a 148 db exhaust at 1 feet away.

have yall done drifitng at all? or do yall play initial d?

i dont have any idea either. as long as it isn't ricing i could care less.

at first i was thinking this thread would be about drifters. i see many drifters here because there is 2 major highways near my home. i usally see a few on my way to work.

all i can say is that its fun and who cares if its dangerous? if that i would get hurt.

i cant believe yall havent seen initial d? they drift like crazy in that. i have an fc like in the episodes.

yes. i drifted my moms volvo. if i can drift a 4klb car with 100 hp, i could drift that thing.

its easy. you gotta learn the basics. like make a stoppoing180 degree turn and end up facing where ytou cam from. if you get that down, you then learn to do a 90 degree turn. after that drifting is easy. you gotta have a rock hard suspention and shitty tires. it would also hel if it isnt an automatic. but an auto can still do it pretty eaisally.learn to do it on gravel or a very wet parking lot.

JDMdeezNUTZ said:

all i can say is that its fun and who cares if its dangerous?

I care that it's dangerous, because I don't want some lunatic slamming into me when he has zero control over his car.

Well it's stereotypically a whole ricing thing, that's not to say that other cars can't be used in drifting. It's really fun watching them slam into each other and the walls when they fuck up. Drifing on the street, well your just asking to get killed, or lose your liscence. It's crazy seeing how fast those professional Japanese guys move their feet on the peddles.

I was watching this vid and they show the drivers view and they had this little box which was a peddle cam and it's amazing that they tap all three peddles and switch between them really quick. Noisy exhaust pipes are fucking dumb. I hate it when I'm trying to sleep late at night and all I hear are stupid fart cans attached to the ass of a civic. On my friend's civic, his exhaust system is totally fucked after going over a big bump and his catylitic converter is cracked and now it's loud as fuck and can be heard a couple blocks away.

DEAR HOLLYWOOD,
PLEASE STOP MAKING SHITTY CAR MOVIES TO GET KIDS INTO THIS OVERHYPED CAR GLAMOUR SHIT
- A PAYING CUSTOMER

JDM: I'm getting this "complete fucking idiot" vibe from you.

Ultraviolet said:

DEAR HOLLYWOOD,
PLEASE STOP MAKING SHITTY CAR MOVIES TO GET KIDS INTO THIS OVERHYPED CAR GLAMOUR SHIT
- A PAYING CUSTOMER

JDM: I'm getting this "complete fucking idiot" vibe from you.

No kidding, it's retards like this that watch some queer anime or play a video game then go out and reinact it like a goddamned idiot. Thanks for making everyone else who might enjoy driving games look stupid too, you jackass.

Use3D said:

No kidding, it's retards like this that watch some queer anime or play a video game then go out and reinact it like a goddamned idiot. Thanks for making everyone else who might enjoy driving games look stupid too, you jackass.

I take pride in trying to reinact things I see in animé. :(

But yeah.

Erik said:

/me raises hand.

Jesus why are you asking a car-related issue on a forum populated mostly by complete geeks who never leave the PC to go outside let alone drive?

Anyway nevermind because I at least am a car nut. Here in Britain drifting isn't that popular, though beach-drifting is more so and there is some track-drifting as well. I part-owned the the right car for the task up until last year. A customised Benz 190E with GReddy turbo conversion, pipercross induction and about as close to 50:50 distribution as we could get it. I never drifted though because a) we couldn't afford the tyres, and b) if you're serious about doing it in a car you need on the road every day, you'd better be happy about paying Mercedes prices for clutches, and we sure as fuck weren't.

Drifting isn't as leet as some people make out. For a start its pointless on tarmac, which is where, duh, 99% of drifting seems to take place. It's really a rally tactic, on gravel or hardpacked surfaces, on tarmac it's just showing off. And that's never really that cool because it's done mostly by young idiots in badly customised crap cars.

Also it really isn't that difficult in the right car. I have fwd now but in the benz drifting was easy. The PAS servo gave out once and actually made it easier to drift (it was winter and icey at the time, so we were drifting a bit up by the golf course where there was little tyre wear and plenty of space).

But drifting is not 'dumb' either, just because you're not into it. The massive drifts, around proper bends done by pro's, are practically an art form. Like most car things the art is besmirched by every young dick who does shit drifts in their shit cars in public car parks or something.

I can't stand people who have to show off their cars by doing amazingly sensless things with them.

I only hope they get what's coming to them, as long as no innocent bystander is hurt with them.

initial d? WTF?

going sideways like that around corners? fuck, I do that all the time in winter

I'm pretty sure most people don't give a damn what people do on closed roads or tracks or whatever, but doing shit like this on public roads is dumb.

I think dragster engine technology is pretty neato too, but that doesn't mean that I want my car to have a gigantic nitro-methane burning hemi with 60 psi boost.

Drifting is dumb, and if you happen to "drift" into my fly-ass van, I'll personaly beat your stupid ricer ass.