Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sporku

Geo - Part I

Geo - Part I (Yeah, real original name there) is a small project I have just finished. The original map, Death Barracks, basically sat on my hard drive gathering dust, until one day I decided to work on it once more, and managed to quadruple the map's size in about a week. Well, the project ended up being a 2-map wad, and it's finally finished, and is up for grabs.

Obligatory Screenshots:

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3
DeathBarracks Screenshots

Total Map Stats:
Verticies: 15627
Linedefs: 19017
Sidedefs: 32652
Sectors: 2304
Things: 629

Download

As always, comments are greatly appreciated. Also, if there are any problems you have with these maps, feel free to address them to me, and I'll see what I can do to fix them.

Oh, and yes, there will be a Part II. Give me a few more years, though.

Yay! Will play it in just a sec :). BTW you forgot to mention what port it requires in the text file.

Anyway, the "Part I" bit sounds very promising... ;)

Pretty good classic Doomish maps.

The music on map2 seems way too dramatic for some wandering in a complex. Suits a battle arena of some sort perfectly, but not such a large and long level, IMO.

The architecture is nice, detailed, good use of slopes, but it seemed a bit generic for me. It's just me-I prefer realistic maps. The texturing also seemed repetive-bricks and bricks. The Tormentor-like skybox seemed freak a bit, but nonetheless builds a good mood. My objection-if the sky is so dark, why the light from the sky is so bright? :/

The teleporting enemies were a real pain in the arse, especially in such claustrophobic areas. The ammo balance was decent and I've enjoyed this. Nothing uber-great, but nothing average either-solid work with a bit of spicing. 4 and half stars from me :)

NiGHTMARE said:

Yay! Will play it in just a sec :). BTW you forgot to mention what port it requires in the text file.

Anyway, the "Part I" bit sounds very promising... ;)

D'oh.. I always make at least one stupid error in the text files for my maps.. Mainly because I'm usually rushing to get maps out. Will fix and reupload

Nmn said:

The texturing also seemed repetive-bricks and bricks. The Tormentor-like skybox seemed freak a bit, but nonetheless builds a good mood. My objection-if the sky is so dark, why the light from the sky is so bright? :/

Hmm. Yeah.. Some could also complain that the detail seems a bit too repetitive (example: the rooms with the sloped bars on the ceiling) as well. The skybox is very tormentor-ish.. I was inspired by him at the time I started Death Barracks (back when TNT2 was released, heh). I knew someone was going to complain about the light being too bright for such a dark sky.. I have no comment on that, really.

Part II will be alot more hellish and hopefully less generic in terms of texturing and detail. The lame story I thought up in 5 seconds sets up the theme for what Part II will be.