Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mogul

Sub-30-minutes has been reached!

Oh my goodness. o.O

EDIT (half an hour later): sweet, sweet stuff, Drew. It seemed like you got a bit nervous in the last couple of maps, but still, this is an astounding movie.

Henning, your turn! :)

This is a historic date... Wow. My hat goes off to you, Drew! I haven't watched it yet, but I'm sure it's just as good as (wait, who am I kidding!? BETTER THAN!) the others. For what it's worth, coming from a lowly DooMing peasant: CONGRATULATIONS! :-D

Angus Thermopyle said:

I'm not sure if he's also satisfied with that, Ryback :)

Well you know how it is, I hated seeing those little mistakes cropping up all over the place yet again. I'll probably take a break for a time until I get win98 on this machine... I just didn't want to leave sub-30 before then. :)

Not really a demo fanatic myself, but congrats to you anyway. That's an extremely impressive time!

Kristian Ronge said:

This is a historic date...

True. It shall henceforth be known as the Great 30-Minute Barrier Day.

I hope it isn't too long before I'm somewhere where I can download it. >:-/

How'd he do that?

Lots of practicing, I'd say. ^_~ Mixed with a generous amount of skill (which, of course, is due in good part at least to the practicing) and some luck...

Schneelocke said:

Lots of practicing, I'd say. ^_~ Mixed with a generous amount of skill (which, of course, is due in good part at least to the practicing) and some luck...

well said, but Searcher was asking rhetorically; he isn't new at this.

Just watched it, really good stuff, take it all around. It'd really make my day to see this pushed to 28:xx...if it's possible :)

DooMBoy said:

Just watched it, really good stuff, take it all around. It'd really make my day to see this pushed to 28:xx...if it's possible :)

It's clearly physically possible. Remember Sedlo did a TAS 30nm1843 (that time is from memory - sorry if it's a few seconds out) some years ago. The question is how many of those tricks (and other ones developed later) can be made reproduceable enough to be feasible in a non-TAS run.

I'd say talent is the number one ingredient in Vile making this extraordinary achievement. Hard work, practice and imagination are obviously essential too, of course, but no amount of them would be enough for most of us. I doubt I could do a 30nm of any sort even after a year's solid full-time work on it.

Whenever i play the demo it runs fine until the pit and he dies part way and keeps dying in the slime pit. WTF?