Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

The New 64

In the wait for version 2.0.64 of ZDoom, Randy has decided to jump ahead of us and release 2.0.90 2.0.91. One can only guess at the advancements contained in this release. Actually, you can just download the source and open rh-log.txt.

Edit - This release includes full Strife support, though there are some bugs here and there with the other games, but those should be fixed soon enough. (Cyb)

Dron said:

fp! is strife FULLY supported in this version?

Seems so. I was running around in the first map and talking to people and getting shot at and shooting back with a crossbow ...

Arioch said:

Seems so. I was running around in the first map and talking to people and getting shot at and shooting back with a crossbow ...

Strife support looks VERY good, but I did see a couple <!> sprites yet...so a few things are missing

August 10, 2004
- Added support for drawing masked and translucent flats that are part of
a stack. The amount of translucency is controlled by the first argument
of the 9077 and 9078 things. At the moment, this is only for unsloped flats.

Hrm?

Captain Red said:

ummmm... this i'm no doubt going to get smecked down for asking this, but...

Extra weapon support?

Not in this version. Most people on the ZDoom forums pressured Randy to release it for months so last week he decided to poll us on whether to release it now or wait for custom weapons to be finished. Guess what happened.

Anyway, I opened her up, gave her a spin and Susan seems fine...

- Added a dummy actor with doomednum 32000, so Doom Builder's camera won't show up in maps.

heh, he didnt have to make that. Doom Builder marks the 3D Mode camera with 0 flags, thus it should never be in any game mode or skill mode or whatever. But hey, at least it helps for those people who like to give the camera some flags tho :)

I've waited so long, let me have some cheerful stuff.

Fucking YAAAAAAAY!!! Long live Randy and da best source port!

What good is the "give health x" command line statement after the player has died? Would a "get up" command suffice?

geekmarine said:

Cool! Strife support...

Heh, on the second tought, it's so buggy the game changes into a save and load fest when I try to play Strife-never know when Zdoom (or "Susan") will Crash.
I'll just wait for the next improved version. Here we go again...

Well I've been testing out Strife, and so far it hasn't crashed on me yet. But I suppose I have been lucky. Saving and loading hasn't caused it to crash so far, I haven't tried Doom/Heretic/Hexen out yet.

The only Strife problems I've run into so far have been color errors, I get those I older versions of zdoom quite a bit.

Random flickers in the whole pallate it mess up of textures up close a kinda garbled.

Plus it just crashed on me. :)

Yup, consistant crash in the "Sanctuary" area, first mission, shortly after the alarm goes off. Oh well.

timmie said:

Somehow it isn't completely unexpected...

Thinking about it, the reaction to the .90 release was quite different than any other source port.

A new version of Vavoom gets released and almost nobody notices. (The same would be true for almost any other source port...)
A new version of ZDoom gets released and half of the community goes berserk...