Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashe

Favorite fighting game(s)

What are some of your favorite fighting games? Just post them here. I would make this a poll, but I don't wanna get cussed out by some guy that says his favorite fighting game, "Oblijiga Flackilentia" or some wacky name, isn't up on the poll.

I'll start. I like:
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Street Fighter 2
Mortal Kombat (all)
One Must Fall
Killer Instinct Gold
Super Smash Bros.
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Mugen

EDIT: you can include non-traditional fighting games (Like SSB) on here, but not beat 'em ups.

I don't play fighting games anymore. But here the ones I played a lot (or not so) and enjoyed at the time

killer instinct
mortal kombat 2
sf alpha 3
soul calibur 2

King of Fighters '98, with 2000 as a runner-up. I also like Capcom VS SNK 2 EO, and SVC Chaos. Nothing beats a team of Kyosuke, Rock Howard, and Rugal.

Mortal Kombat is a horrible, horrible, horrible series.

I guess mine is Garou: Mark of the Wolves, with Last Blade 1/2 and Samurai Shodown 4 close runners up. Capcom had some decent games too, but they get points taken off for whoring out SF to such a ludicrous degree. <3 SNK <3

I dont like fighting games, but the ones I enjoyed a little were:

Primal Rage (suckered into the dinosaur gimmick)
Marvel vs street fighter vs whatever series (they're easy to pick up)

One Must Fall is the only good fighting game ever made, though Killer Instinct and Soul Calibur are tolerable.

Street Fighter series;
Rival Schools series;
Tekken series;
Soul Calibur series.

All lovely.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is freaking awesome. It uses the Street Fighter 3 engine for some smooth animation and is based on a wicked manga. The super story mode on the Playstation version actually follows the manga more closely than the anime (which is also badass). The Dreamcast version (mainly the uncensored Japanese one) is a better arcade port for two players though. This game is based on series 3 of manga, not to be confused with the cell-shaded PS2 game which is based on the series 5 which isn't nearly as good.

I absolutely deplore anything Capcom (at least fighting games) or Tekken related...but, I love Samurai Shodown 4, The Last Blade 2, any of the King of Fighters, the Fatal Fury series (especially Garou), Soul Calibur 1 and 2 (1 a bit more), Soul Blade, and any of the Dead or Alive games. Waku Waku 7 is also really cool.

I dont like Fighting games.But I was a big fan of the Streets of Rages Series on Sega Genisis

^^^And Super Smash brothers Melee

Virtua Fighter 2
(Ultimate) Mortal Kombat (2/3)
X-Men vs. Capcom
OMF2097
Eternal Champions
Anything SNK, except maybe Fatal Fury

Mad props to anyone who, like me, thinks Tekken is total crap, below the level of games like Rise Of The Robots.

OMF
MK series
Street Fighter Series
Samurai Showdown 64 <-- wasted many quarters in the college student lounge.

The reason I love MK is because me and my bro used to play it constantly. MK4 is the worst of the series. MK Trilogy on the PSX was the best for that old school, 2d gameplay. Me and bro used to play for hours. The strategy is basicly to cheap the shit out of your opponent before he cheaps the shit out of you, and if your getting cheaped, find a way to cheap back. But that seems to be the strategy of all fighting games, is it not?

Edit: I also forgot to mention Blood Storm. It was fun because you could chop off your opponents limbs.

Mace: On the N64, it had awesome medieval themed characters.

video games?!?! Hell, when we get bored, me and my buddies just strap on some boxing gloves and beat eachother up...its cheaper that way

I have Marvel vs. Capcom for the Dreamcast, but sadly, there is something wrong with the disc (got it at Funcoland). It likes to freeze on certain loading screens (usually victory screens).

Capcom vs. *
Street Fighter 2 or >
Soul Calibur 2 for Gamecube (Link mother fuckers)
Super Smash Bros Melee

I used to like Mortal Kombat as a kid, now I see they suck ass

I can't believe no one has mentioned this one yet...

Dead or Alive series

I like it because the play control just seems more smooth and fluid than most other fighting games.

oh, cmon. you like it because of the boobs that just bounce up and down, up and down. thats why i like it. Dead or alive feels just like the tekken games to me.

I used to love my beat 'em ups when I was younger:-

Mortal Kombat 1, 2, 3 and 4
Tekken 2
Killer Instinct 1&2
Kasumi Ninja (anyone remember THAT?)
Soul Calibur