• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
zombieribcage

another dumb question

im using doombuilder...
ok, i have a door, then some space, then stairs up to a room
in the bottom right corner of the room (the stairs enter it in bottom middle) i put stairs going down, then another little space and was going to start work on a door, when i realized i messed up the sectors

somehow, the first door is linking to the 2nd door, and the floor heights are messing things up, so that it says im missing textures and i get HOM in front and behind the first door, and on the floor just beyond the 2nd door(and it doesnt say there's any missing textures there)

i did some tooling around to try to split this into more sectors like i want, but didnt get any results

zombieribcage said:

somehow, the first door is linking to the 2nd door, and the floor heights are messing things up, so that it says im missing textures and i get HOM in front and behind the first door, and on the floor just beyond the 2nd door(and it doesnt say there's any missing textures there)

Sounds like your sector references got messed up. Make sure lines facing the inside of the sector have the right reference numbers.

ok, i found what it is--the reference #s for the backs of the linedefs all have reference #s for the tiny sector just before the first door (the one at bottom middle)

i dont know what to change the reference # to, though, as the backs all face into void, not into sectors

zombieribcage said:

i dont know what to change the reference # to, though, as the backs all face into void, not into sectors

Well in Deepsea IIRC you give the reference -1 to refer back to the void. Not sure about Doombuilder.

Use3D said:

Well in Deepsea IIRC you give the reference -1 to refer back to the void. Not sure about Doombuilder.

ill compare with the working sectors

didnt really think of it till just now