Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hert Malker

Not enough points for the great episodes!

Why do all of the recent great Doom I/II episodes (I'm primarily talking abouth Nilla Doon, Titan, Phobos Revisited, and Simply Phobos) only have 4-star ratings in the /idgames archive? I think all 4 of them get an easy 5-star, or at least 4.5-star rating and they all currently have only 4.0-star ratings. Please bump all of their ratings up to at least 4.5-star ratings (I can't, as I've already rated them) or explain to me why you think they may all only be getting 4.0 stars. Thanks!

worst post ever.
What if some people think they deserve no more than 4 stars? *SHOCK* *HORROR*!

I'd suggest that a 5-star rating should be reserved for something you regard as one of the top twenty or thirty wads of all time. No one is going to agree completely on their top picks, so very few wads will get a five-star average and keep it for very long.

At the other end of the scale, zero stars should, IMO, be reserved for utterly worthless wads, severely bugged and with no redeeming features.

Grazza said:

I'd suggest that a 5-star rating should be reserved for something you regard as one of the top twenty or thirty wads of all time. No one is going to agree completely on their top picks, so very few wads will get a five-star average and keep it for very long.

At the other end of the scale, zero stars should, IMO, be reserved for utterly worthless wads, severely bugged and with no redeeming features.

But can't they get 4.5 stars atleast?

We (i.e. Doomworld) are not going to change the ratings of several Wads based on one person's opinion. If those Wads were really worthy of 4.5 or 5 stars in the eyes of everyone who has voted, they would have them.

The rating system is designed to give an overview of how different people feel about a particular wad. Not as a place for people to show how much they agree with your personal opinion.

If you feel very strongly about this, there's nothing stopping you from starting your own personal review site.

Way too many wads have 4,5-5 stars anyway, most likely because people who like a wad are more likely to vote than those who don't.

sargebaldy said:

5 stars is marked "legendary" so it's pretty hard for just about any wad to have that as an average.

Don't put too much thought into the words that accompany the different numbers, I know I didn't.

I don't, really. If I did I'd never rate anything 5 stars because there's only 2 or 3 wads tops that I'd consider such. I'm just trying to convince this idiot he's an idiot.

Grazza said:

Seconded. We really could use something like the sixth star (geez, sounds like a title for a SF Horror movie), and name it "teh pure ownage"... and WADS would be rewarded with it on very special conditions, but I don't know on what. Maybe it would be up to maintainers and reviewers, after the map has gained more than 15/20 votes and is still between 4.5 - 5.0 stars. And after honouring the product with the sixth star... well, rating won't go down... Only short reviews can be posted.

And indeed... this tread is just silly.

ellmo said:

And indeed... this tread is just silly.

This troll has been making silly threads since he came to DW.