Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jehar

path question

I want the player to stumple upon a procession of imps walking down a hall, with the player following behind until they reach the main chamber.
The problem is, when I set the imps up on a path, they become extremly aware of the player and react too early, even with the deaf tag set.
So my question is: How do I keep the imps on a path from reacting too early (unless of course the player shoots them)?

You could try setting their angles so they face away from the player as they walk down the hall.

The imps will ignore their paths if the player is in their sight range. The deaf flag only effects whether they will wake up or not. Their movement comes after the waking states so a deaf flag has no effect.

I don't know too much about it, but maybe set the imps to hate something they can't reach (and ignore the player). Then when they reach the main chamber, set their hate to the player. I'm not thinking too well, so I am not sure if it would work or not, or what complications would arise from taking/trying this route.

maybe youre right! ill try that out soon, maybe after some D&D. thanks for the tip.

hrm... i set the hate object quite a ways in front of them, and they dont notice the player until contact, but they still dont move towards the object.

again, any tips on getting the imps to move along a path without instantly reacting to the player as soon as the player see their backs?

if you now how to script in zdoom, you can make a script and type

SetPlayerProperty(1, 1, PROP_NOTARGET);

and when they reach the hallway type

SetPlayerProperty(1, 0, PROP_NOTARGET);

This works perfectly for me

The number of the player.
You can also use other Properties liker:
PROP_FROZEN - Player is frozen and cannot move
PROP_TOTALYFROZEN - Player is frozen and cannot move or shoot