Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dron

what's the first wad/level you've ever played?

what's the first doom/doom2/final doom wad you've ever played?
the first level i've ever played is e1m1 and the first custom wad i've played is death tormention

The first map I ever played was of course E1M1.

First pwad was, I think, Raven (weird, it doesn't seem to be in the archive), or maybe whatever the other wad was on a disk that a friend gave me before I had Internet access.

First level I played was Map 1 the entryway of doom2 (didn't play doom1 till later). First pwad I played was some level called the x-file from some really old doom wad site.

First I played was E1M1. First custom I played was either "Bleeding Tower of Pisa" or "Hoover Dam," I really can't remember. Or maybe it was the rabbit hole level by the same author. Honestly, I can't remember.

I have no idea what it was, but I remember downloading some WAD and not being able to play it, so I got all confused and emailed the author who informed me that I needed to actually buy the full game before I could play pwads.

The first custom wad I remember playing was my own. I got DCK before I played any custom wad. The earliest map by someone else I remember playing was Hoover Dam, but it probably wasn't.

i cant even remember what was the first wad i played. it was so long ago. I think it MAY have been Clemos.wad, this wad where the first level is in a train station, and it shows all the other levels in the wad as platforms.

My first level was E1M2 (of course) and my first PWAD was AA22Doom (I don't think it's in the archive...)

first level i ever played was e2m2, on a demo SNES at a place called Master Player, who had lots of demo machines running, their moto was try before you rent or something. It was paused on that level, that why. I remember not liking it at the time, cuz on the big screen monitor there was Escape From Monster Manor for the 3do playing. It looked alot better, so i went and played that, but in the end i liked doom alot better.

[
the first level i've ever played is of course e1m1 with skill 1,
i don't remember the first custom, but it was a 16 levels one
the last is arenas3

ravage said:

doom.wad - e1m1 on nightmare, I was what? 9 years old.

sure I'm gonna belive that...

the first pwad i've been playing - South Park doom
first new maps i've been playing - star Wars doom

ellmo said:

sure I'm gonna belive that...

the first pwad i've been playing - South Park doom
first new maps i've been playing - star Wars doom

i didnt say i beat it the first time

The first thing I played was E1M1... I remember I couldn't believe there were so many 3D rooms in the map and that the Zombiemen and Imps were moving around like they did... not to mention 9 maps in just a few floppies.

But anyway, the first wad was something for DOOM II... not sure which one. All this was before I had internet access.

If I'm not mistaken, the first thing I saw from DOOM was a little part of E1M3 or E1M5 - Don't remember exactly which one. The first thing I said was, "Oh! Similar to Wolfenstein 3-D..." It was back in 1993. The people at the computer shop almost killed me after such comparison - LOL... "It's way better!!!" they shouted at me, heh... I didn't play then, however; I just watched how one of the dudes at the place smoked baddies all around.

Then I got a copy of the shareware version. I had a 386 SX running at 33Mhz at home, I think. Mine was a monochrome VGA monitor, not like the colourful SVGA one at the computer shop. Man, it was hard to make your way around when everything looked so gray and dark! The first level I ever played was of course the first one of the shareware version.

The first custom level I ever tried was one that came within a file called CASTLE.WAD, I think. The action started outside of a very big gray castle, and the layout was rather square-shaped. After having played the original levels so many times, it indeed felt great to have new places to explore, hell yeah!

Ariel.

First map was E1M1.

First PWAD was actually not a levelset, but a sound and graphics wad that replaced various enemies with wolfenstein counterparts. This was back when Shareware doom still had -file enabled.

I actually never played another PWAD until I got a book describing how to make maps (Tricks of the Doom Programing Gurus). I think the first pwad I ever played was one where I was looking for the final version of the map described in the book, and it wasn't on the CD, but another map with a very similar name was on it. I remember it was simply a huge impressive looking arena with a circluar path around it. It seemed like a fairly complex level. Firt pwad with a name that I REALLY remember playing was Aliens TC for Doom II.

I don't have the faintest idea what it was.

Grazza said:

First pwad was, I think, Raven (weird, it doesn't seem to be in the archive), or maybe whatever the other wad was on a disk that a friend gave me before I had Internet access.

eh? it's right here