Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SteelPH

Doom 3 mission pack announced

Spike said:

...and now they've got time to finish it :)

Most likely, although not 100% certain.

To be honest, I don't see where the ssg is going to fit in DOOM 3's weapons. The sg is so powerful as it is, I just don't see the value in adding a weapon of that sort to the mix.

Shaviro said:

afaik the missing stuff was due to the lack of time.

How could there have been a lack of time when the release date was "when it's done"?

Well, just make the SSG able to kill things more than 2 inches away from you and it will be far better than the regular shotgun and still not be overpowered.

NiGHTMARE said:

How could there have been a lack of time when the release date was "when it's done"?

Lots of impatient fans perhaps?
An already longer development time than anticipated perhaps?

They probably decided to release Doom 3 without those elements, because they didn't want to face another half year of fighting the bugs that would result from adding in the new monsters (getting their ai and the physics to work with them).

Mogul said:

To be honest, I don't see where the ssg is going to fit in DOOM 3's weapons. The sg is so powerful as it is, I just don't see the value in adding a weapon of that sort to the mix.

I agree.

dsm said:

Oh and the story and dialogue had better not be shittier than in Doom 3 - it'd sting my eyes enough to piss me off.

Fair enough. Though the PDA your character finds in Hell (around the time you get the berserk artifact) is actually pretty damned creepy. In fact, it reminded me of Event Horizon a bit. The voice acting for that particular character was one of the best in the game imo.

NiGHTMARE said:

Because they did not want to push it into a fifth year of development.

Job said:

Fair enough. Though the PDA your character finds in Hell (around the time you get the berserk artifact) is actually pretty damned creepy. In fact, it reminded me of Event Horizon a bit. The voice acting for that particular character was one of the best in the game imo.

Personally I liked the voice acting, etc. IMO the dialogue in the game will probably be better than the live-acton movie :P

Shaviro said:

Because they did not want to push it into a fifth year of development.

So it was more a lack of interest in continued development than a lack of time... :D

NiGHTMARE said:

So it was more a lack of interest in continued development than a lack of time... :D

Nitpicker :-P

The target timeframe for release is quarter 1 of 2005. I guess that's reasonable -- but it'd have to be like, late March or something.

Ha! A year ago, April 2004 was the targeted release for DOOM 3 (as I recall). :)

Man, time flies.

Hopefully in any changes they make, they weren't listening to all the complaints from people who thought Doom 3 was being made specifically for them.