Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

openGL

I am having openGL problems now. Anything i try to run that uses openGL runs extreamly slow. I think i need to get a better display driver. I am useing LINUX so i need drivers for that. What i do need to know is do i need a normal openGL driver or do i need to replace my display driver all together. Maybe I even need a direct x like program(except not called direct X and for LINUX) This is pissing me off cause most of my games, even doom are run in openGL. Also the fault is not in my card, it is a GeForce II

The new version of XFree86 is out, which has DRI (Direct Rendering Interface) support. That along with the Linux NVidia drivers from the NVidia homepage should do it for you.

Of course, installing on Linux is akin to performing open heart surgery on yourself without using your hands and armed (ha!) only with a loaf of stale bread. Not that I'm bitter about screwing my own Linux system over. None whatsoever.

DC

I seem to have the same problem trying to run a game of GLBoom or any other GL-port for that matter. It looks nice, but the play is what kills the game. Slow (move forward...Doomguy sloooooowly lurches forward) and choppy. Wonder what could be wrong?