Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Martin Howe

Email for Mark Klem?

I am considering uploading an old classic that is not on the archive (CRINGE!) and need to contact the author, Mark Klem. Does anybody have a WORKING email address for him? His old MP3.COM page has disappeared and the links I found for him are all dead.

Uh.. just upload it. The text file I suppose that says "you can distribute this wad.. blah blah..."

Hmm, I uploaded a bunch of stuff by Klem when I noted his DOOM pages were gone, but I didn't have Cringe! on my HDD then... I do have a copy on CD-ROM, but it doesn't mention distribution rights (though it's an older or stripped version, I believe.)

You may want to ask Tolwyn if there's contact info for Kelm; they did the MM2 & Requiem music together, as you may know (and by chance might have been in relatively recent contact.)

I'm afraid I don't have a current contact address for Mark Klem either.

There is a version of Cringe in the archive. I presume the one you want to upload is the version dated 06-Aug-96, and filesize 5,089,549 bytes. The copy I have of that did not include a textfile. I seem to recall that it is the same as the one in the archive except for some graphics/sounds.

Thanks Grazza. I was not aware of the different versions. I do not have the original .ZIP file and my copy has been copied, cleaned or moved several times since I got it, so the timestamps are not correct; however, it seems to be the same as cringe6.zip with some extra switch and door textures, plus three sounds. It also has all the sprites built in and is around 4.1MB. Your copy sounds bigger at 5MB so I've no idea what the hell is going on. Just to be sure: your copy is not in the archive, right?

Martin Howe said:

Your copy sounds bigger at 5MB so I've no idea what the hell is going on. Just to be sure: your copy is not in the archive, right?

It isn't. It was downloaded from Mark Klem's site (the file used to be at http://elguapo.c-gate.net/~mklem/games/doom2/cringe.zip, but not even the Internet Archive has it, though it does have a page with a description).

And myk is right: Tolwyn said in June that he was in contact with Mark Klem.

Ok, Grazza, it looks as if you have the most complete version of CRINGE! still in existence; it is pointless me trying to upload mine, since you appear to have the latest version.

The only reason I wanted to contact MK was because these days, Ty requires permissions to be explicitly given in the text file and CRINGE! predates that requirement, so nobody know what Mark's permissions on CRINGE! are.

Would you consider uploading your copy to the 3dgamers archive, assuming he agreed?

It includes no textfile, so I can't (legally) upload it anywhere.

I think the presence of iwad sprites (some recoloured, some modified and some unaltered) would be a problem in any case. I imagine that's why Mark uploaded the earlier version to the archive, but not this one.