Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deldelda

what is wrong?

I don't think this is a n00b question since I have gotten a lot better at mapping ... I am creating my house (how original!) and I have made five rooms, a bit of the front yard, and a breakable window. But, there is a place in the hallway (exit starting room through door and turn right) that blocks you.

Notice the chair downstairs (shoot window and jump out OR clip through the invisible blocking area to see it). I believe it is the source of my trouble; if it is removed (or even thrown into the void elsewhere in the level), then the blocking effect of the bathroom door is cut out. You can get downstairs, however, if you stand at an angle and open the bathroom door. That's why I think the bathroom door is being glitchy, and has something to do with the chair also.

This might be a glitch in Zdoom, maybe not. Maybe myhouse.wad is corrupt. Something weird's going on, and I demand to know what it is.

http://www.geocities.com/adledled/myhouse.zip

Right-click, save as.

I think it's just the nodes. I found the place, but after rebuilding the nodes (using ZenNode), it went away.

There was a bug in certain old node builders that used to cause this.. one workaround is to build a new sector (nothing special) in the area that is blocking you, and it usually stopped... I haven't had that problem since like 96/97 though, like the previous person said.. try a newer node builder like zenode or an updated version of bsp.

Alright ... I'm using WadAuthor. Could I use DoomBuilder's nodebuilder?

EDIT: Nevermind, I added an extra sector (a light which I forgot to put in) so thanks all!

EDIT: Just added chandeliers in the bathroom, gonna add a shower head soon ... ok I'll stop posting now :D

It sounds like you have your chair linedefs pointing inwards, flip them so they face outwards and it might fix it.

deldelda said:

Alright ... I'm using WadAuthor. Could I use DoomBuilder's nodebuilder?

Tools->Options->Files->External node build, put the command line for your chosen nodebuilder in.

Are you sure you just didn't have an inadequate vertical space between those sectors like you did last time (that was you, right...)?

netnomad312 said:

Are you sure you just didn't have an inadequate vertical space between those sectors like you did last time (that was you, right...)?

Actually, I had the problem with the bed in the first room ... I fixed it when I heard about the fact that some linedefs have TWO sidedefs (*hits forehead with palm) but the problem is fixed now, and until I have another oopsie to complain about, I'll be playing my guitar, and Doom.