• Kerry
    • Nader
    • I`m not voting...
    • Needs more impse
    • Needs more trilinear filtering & bump mapping
    • Other (please specify)

Cyb said:
roughly three republicans

There's three of them here already? Won't somebody please THINK OF TEH CHILDERN?!

Kid Airbag said:

I'll also be voting for Arlen Specter for United States senator. Even though he's Republican, he's an extremely moderate Republican. He's also chairman of the Judiciary Appointment committee, and actually stopped Bush from appointing even more disgustingly convservative Supreme Court judges. With Specter's influence, things like Roe v. Wade should be safe for a while.

Wow, somebody who realizes the majority of governmental stupidity isn't the president's fault. You go girl.

As a European I vote for Kerry.

If I lived in America and was actualy voting though I'd have to think more carefully about it. TBH it's a bit like Britain atm in that neither option is inherently appealing.

Danarchy said:

Also, Hillary Clinton would be almost as bad as Bush.

Why's that? They seemed to run pretty smooth while she--er-- clinton was in office.

I have a question... What is it about the Doom community that makes it so much less "Conservative" than the general American population? I would be tempted to say "common sense" but that would just leave another wriggly question dangling from our collective noses.

AndrewB said:

I have a question... What is it about the Doom community that makes it so much less "Conservative" than the general American population? I would be tempted to say "common sense" but that would just leave another wriggly question dangling from our collective noses.

It's because the internet's inventor was a democrat.

AndrewB said:

Is it a big suprise that people who are fans of a violent game wouldn't tend to side with the christian right?

AndrewB said:

kids think being left wing is cool yeah rock on rage against those old-fart republikkkan assholes!!!!

many people i know are republican. However i question their reasons for voting so. They don't really know much about what is going on in the world. My best friend supports bush because of a few lame reasons. he likes gun, hates gays, hates the middle east and hates a number of laws. One law he hates is the whole DUI thing. he still doesn't understand why he can't drive. if it where up to me he would never drive agian. 3 DUI's in 2 years is just bad, and he is under age. His brother is also pushing his luck by driving on a suspended license. his was taken because he has seisures and they are unable to determine the cause.

needless to say there are many democrats who do the same thing. Most people don't know the issues at hand. What i have learned has been about the presidentail elections i know very little about those running in local elections.

Scabbed Angel said:

Is it a big suprise that people who are fans of a violent game wouldn't tend to side with the christian right?

lieberman is a democrat...and they love censorship

Linguica said:

kids think being left wing is cool yeah rock on rage against those old-fart republikkkan assholes!!!!

Not in my case. I read a lot on almost every issue, and make informed decisions based off the facts I absorb (yeah, sounds cliche, whatever). I DID used to be an anarchist back in Jr. High because I was all "OMG authority sux" but now I tend to stick with political ideals that actualy have a chance of working.

Of course, it could be because my family has a history of liberalism. My grandpa was a lawyer who worked on a lot of civil rights cases in the 50s and 60s, and my mom's entire family frequented civil rights marches, and later vietnam protests. Of course, thats only one side of my family. My dad's side, of which he is the black sheep, are a bunch of stingy blue-blooded conservatives who live in DC. Heh.

Danarchy said:

Of course. Absentee ballots are the best option. You get to vote early, you don't have to leave your house, you can avoid all the electioneering at the polls, and you can take your time when choosing.

a lot of people (last i heard in the newspaper) never got their absentee ballats. now if they go to the polls they will accused of fraud 'cause they already registered as absentee voters. maybe its just an accident, but common, it is suspiciouse.

i also heard of a case down south where a group of people took a voter registration list or whatever they are called, marked every single hispanic sounding name, and reported them as illigal immagrants, just to keep them from voting (as the group figured these ppl were more likely to vote for kerry)

this election brings out the worse in people. even if i could vote i wouldn't. besides, when you look at it as a logical person, either kerry or bush will give you similiar results.

Scuba Steve said:

Lieberman is also Jewish.

Ah! Forgot about that. Damn jewish left...

Mordeth said:
There's three of them here already? Won't somebody please THINK OF TEH CHILDERN?!

It's okay for now; we generally have one of the three in the loser's department at any given time.

Mordeth said:

I'm independent now but I was Republican for a long time what do you think of that eh????????

Linguica said:

I'm independent now but I was Republican for a long time what do you think of that eh????????

Well that would explain why you tend to counter every argument made by the more liberal among us. I'm not sure if your intent is to make people think or because you tend to lean towards the "right", though.

I'll also enjoy voting for Barack Obama for US Senator... The fact that Alan Keyes invaded my state and tried to run disgusts me. I have no problem with Republicans, I'll actually vote for a few. Keyes, on the other hand, is an extremist, self-righteous ass.

Kerry, his beliefs stack up much better to mine. Bush has done nothing to earn my trust or respect and I think Kerry can do better... if not... he can't do any worse.

Quast said:

lieberman is a democrat...and they love censorship

Lieberman is a conservative-leaning moderate democrat. To say one party "loves censorship" is ridiculous. There are democrats and republicans who believe in that BS videogame censorship

Linguica said:

Is this like a Bill O'Reilly "Independant" or a true independant?

I mean there's nothing wrong with Republicans... it's this Neo Conservative movement which has destroyed the notion of what a Republican is. It comes down to what... More/Less federal government... all this garbage about "Republicans are for family values" is stupid. There are a few true Republicans left in politics now, but those few at least give me hope that there are still some people who stand by the true values of what a Republican is.

Gay Marriage, abortion, gun control... these aren't party issues, these are individual issues that candidates used to be able to form their own opinions of, now they just do what their party tells them.

Cyb said:

gee I wonder who will win on this very obviously non-conservative forum consisting of roughly three republicans

Snarboo said:

Gee, I wonder who will be the first person to use someone else's words as his own because he can't type out his opinion himself!

Nothing against your opinion, S1lent, but it annoys me sometimes when your entire post is just a quote of someone else's opinion. It shows laziness to me, even when your views are identical to the other person's. Is it really that hard to type up a minimum of two words describing your response and/or your opinion to said quote?

Yikes, Bush suddenly got a big fat boost!

I guess doomworld days as a front for global communism are over. Well it was fun while it lasted.

Snarboo said:

Snarboo said:
Gee, I wonder who will be the first person to use someone else's words as his own because he can't type out his opinion himself!

It's usually me via Google:P

Linguica said:

You came back from the Dark Side, that's all that matters! Now you're smiling all translucent and shiny and standing next to other translucent shiny smiling people!