Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Combustable

Cant hear music even with sourceport (NOT THE WINDOWS XP PROBLEM)

Again, I know that XP doesnt like doom, so i use Zdoom. Music USED to work, but now it doesn't. I dont know why, but all midis and MUS files refuse to play anymore. Or rather, they try to play, but make no sound. I think it has to do with service pack 2, so if you people know anything about it, please help.

ok, first, check the volume of the midi music (it's in options->sound options) and other music, then if those are ok, try messing with the midi driver setting on the same panel. If neither of those work, as suggested, check the midi settings in volume control in windows. If that's not the problem, try reporting it in ZDoom Forums, you'll get more useful feedback there.

Also, if you want more useful feedback, state exactly which version of Zdoom you are using.

Your thread title refers to "sourceport" generally - have you got this problem with other ports too, or is it Zdoom-specific (in which case you should edit the title)?

No, its ALL source ports and as I later found out, all types of midis, including outside of doom. But I fixed it, by switching my midi device from soundblaster to microsoft something. Point is, set it to the onboard card. Fact is it worked, so thats all that matters

so it WAS an XP issue, heh.

try as you might i have not found anything that sounds as good as the soundblaster AWE64 for old DOS games.

I would uninstall the SP2. When I installed it, my internet stopped working. I tried everything I know of, and finally I uninstalled and it fixed it, hasn't had a problem since.

Problem's already been solved you know... but just out of curiosty, what's SP2 and what does it have to do with my previous problem?

I assume by saying SP2 he was referring to service pack 2. And it may have changed some settings or something, hence why you were having problems, but you got it figured out already, so it's a moot point.
As for myself, I'm not going to risk installing service pack 2, I've heard far too many stories about it causing problems.

I filled out one of those error reports that microsoft likes u to do when u have a problem, I never do, but I did for this, so they would get some feedback that is has some issues, and maybe fix it... apparently that form is just for fun though.

I don't know the answer to your problem, but THANK YOU for reading the FAQ first before asking your question.