Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

DWBS - Hollow Weiner Edition

(img)Howdy folks. For those of you who 'celebrate' today is Halloween, the day where little (or not) kids dress up like various things such as pirates and demons and ghosts and witches and ninja turtles and other such mythical creatures and go door to door asking for candy which may or may not contain razor blades. For the adults the costume thing still applies, however you often go to a party and drink a lot instead of the candy thing. Anywho, the reason I'm updating is I found some cool Doom-related carvings on /. that you may enjoy even if you're deprived of Halloween. First off we have this cool Cacodemon. If that strikes your fancy you may want to check out this page which has another Cacodemon as well as a Spider Mastermind. Good stuff, and happy haunting or something.

Edit - the second site also recently added a Pain Elemental pumpkin (Cyb)

I made a cacodemon pumpkin, it turned out pretty good I'd say. I didn't put metal horns on it though, just used the pieces I cut out for the mouth, stuck em on toothpicks, and jabbed them back into the pumpkin.
Also made a lost soul, but it didn't turn out quite as good. Still not bad.
Alas, I can't find the USB for my camera, so I'm afraid the only place they'll end up is in pieces at the shooting range.

Jello said:

Alas, I can't find the USB for my camera, so I'm afraid the only place they'll end up is in pieces at the shooting range.

"Come one come all! Come take a shot at a cacodemon just like Doom Guy, all for the low, low price of 5 dollars!"

cyber-menace said:
Some people have WAY too much time on their hands.

Ah, nice self-referential post.

I like the Caco at the butlergames site. Pretty cool.

Halloween, as much as I may theoretically like it, is part of the NAFTA conspiracy, though.

mewse said:
whats with your title, myk?

Strange, isn't it? Like a dead man who speaks still...

Awesome.

/me shamelessly steals the idea for the pumpkin he will carve tonight

reminds me of the caco in the MRW that has a sprite of a candle in its mouth :P

Once Halloween is over, are they going to be smashed into small pieces of putrid debris?

Damn, I'm jealous. It's ok, though, because I have a personalized license plate that reads "IDDQD" coming in 6-8 weeks. Awwwww yeah. Most satisfying waste of $30/year ever.

exp(x) said:

Damn, I'm jealous. It's ok, though, because I have a personalized license plate that reads "IDDQD" coming in 6-8 weeks. Awwwww yeah. Most satisfying waste of $30/year ever.

Haha, I considering getting some uber nerdy license plate but I couldn't justify the cost

Heh, I carved a cacolantern last night. Sadly, I dont have any pics, but I had a fun time.

Linguica said:

Haha, I considering getting some uber nerdy license plate but I couldn't justify the cost

Over here its a one time cost of 25 €(Euro).
But in my town i am limited to
E - 1 to 3 Letters and then 1 to 4 Numbers at a maximum of 5 Charakters
Any ideas? ;)
(E-L 337 is out, someone else has it)

Fredrik said:

Surely the best license plate would read IDCLIP, especially in rush hour.

You would need a motorcyle

Well, I just got back from the range, and I can say that Id got it right. It takes six shells to fully destroy a cacodemon, while it only takes 2 to take out a lost soul.

Interesting eh?

I assume it was because I cut alot more out of the lost soul than the cacodemon.

Six shells to completely destroy it. Being hollow alot of the pellets go through. Plus I was using lead shot, primarily used for bird hunting. Now if I would've been using 3 inch steel magnum rounds, it would've taken maybe half a shell. Then there's the fact that I had my full choke in, so it just sort of punched fist sized holes through it. The caco was pretty thick too, and being that I cut out very little, just the eye and mouth, it still stayed together even with a few holes punched through it. So yeah, six shells to utterly destroy it.

Yeah...I was surprised too.