Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wildseed

Will Hillary Clinton be the next president?

Probably not. I'm from NY and I voted Democrat this year and even I probably would not vote for her.

Fuck, I hope not. It would be like Margret Thatcher had come to America. OMG woman leader but OMG fascism!

gatewatcher said:

Thereasa Kerry will be the next president.

Wow, a joke with a level of creativity that approaches absolute zero.

* Gazes in awe *

How about Hillary Clinton vs Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2008? Sounds more interesting than many presidential contests.

And I'm sure a Margaret Thatcher-type figure would do very well in a US election. I don't know if there is one though.

I think you'd have to have a non-Caucasian elected president first, before a woman would conceivably have a chance. In which case, Barack Obama seems to have a pretty good chance; especially if he proves himself in the senate.

Disorder said:

A gay black female president born in Austria would be nice.

--one that is crippled and is horribly ugly and is of the Green party. :D

Job said:

I think you'd have to have a non-Caucasian elected president first, before a woman would conceivably have a chance.

What, you think the USA in 2008 will be less receptive to the idea of a female leader than the UK was in 1979?

Grazza said:

What, you think the USA in 2008 will be less receptive to the idea of a female leader than the UK was in 1979?

Heh. I'm going to say yes to that one.

I would have to disagree, but perhaps a more relevant consideration is the different ways in which candidates for PM/President are chosen. Thatcher became Leader of the Opposition by ousting the incumbent, and this was decided by Members of Parliament. It might be much harder for a woman to become a Presidential candidate, since the public/party members are more likely to go for a "safer" option.

Job said:

I think you'd have to have a non-Caucasian elected president first, before a woman would conceivably have a chance. In which case, Barack Obama seems to have a pretty good chance; especially if he proves himself in the senate.

I agree he has a good chance to be the next Pres or VP.

Barack Obama will have been in the senate for only four years when 2008 comes around. Plus I haven't heard of a single thing he's done aside from beating Alan Keyes. Alan Keyes didn't have a chance in hell of winning against anyone.

Maybe he would be okay for VP, but as it is he doesn't have enough experience right yet to be president and he would get wrecked because of that plus being black won't help him very much in the southern states (not that any southern state has ever voted for a northern Democrat anyway)

Hillary has a somewhat better chance as she will shift quite a few women voters, but she's a lot like Dubbya in that while lots of people like her, there are also a lot of people that don't like her and she'd be something of a gamble by the Democrats I think.

Still, at this point it's not like they have very much to lose anyway :P

Grazza said:

How about Hillary Clinton vs Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2008? Sounds more interesting than many presidential contests.

I'd vote for Schwarzenegger on that one (if I was forced o choose between only 2 parties). He's very moderate to the point of almost beign a Democrat. Hillary is very anti-liberties, being a part of the whole Gore/Liberman faction who are for banning all offensive music, video games, and movies. I really doubt Schwarzenegger would be for that since he's stared in several such movies and video games. :P

Deathmatcher said:

I think Schwarzenegger cannot become president, since he wasn´t born inside the USA.

Exactly. We'd have to ammend the constitution. He said he'd be for that by the way when he was interviewed by 20/20.

Gokuma said:

I'd vote for Hillary. I'd vote for Bill again if I could.

Why don't you put your thumb up your butt?

I'd love a Mark Warner/Barack Obama ticket in 2008. Get some southern votes (for once), get pretty much all of the minority votes...it might have a shot.

Nah, Hillary Clinton can't really win. Generally her main boost from voters would come from women, but women already vote more Democratic than men so it just wouldn't work. I could imagine Liz Dole winning a general election, but I can't imagine the Republican Party supporting her enough to get that far.

COBALT said:

How about in your eye socket instead?

Anyway, my memory was faulty. I wasn't old enough to vote during Clinton vs Dole. I'd still vote for Clinton given the chance though. Sure, there were some screw-ups (Nafta) but he actually did a lot of the good that was completely blacked out in the media.

Gokuma said:I'd vote for Hillary. I'd vote for Bill again if I could.

COBALT said:

Geez, your guy just got four more years, why you care about some guy supporting somebody he can't even vote for is beyond me.