Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath666

converting Doom WAD to Doom II format?

I was wondering if it's possible to convert a Doom WAD (Ultimate Doom) to Doom II format? Really the only reason I'm interested in this is because I'd like to use the super shotgun in Doom. I've been running a co-op server on Zdaemon, and I thought it would be fun to include the ssg in ultimate doom. I was told there was a program a while back that allowed you to do this, and one of the options was to replace all of the shotguns in Doom to super shotguns. I've searched but haven't had much luck. Anyone know where I could find such a program?

Just copy the SSG sprites and sounds using Wintex or XWE and paste them into a wad to use with Ultimate Doom.

Bashe said:

Just copy the SSG sprites and sounds using Wintex or XWE and paste them into a wad to use with Ultimate Doom.

And then you'll need to code it into the game...

Actually, I don't think it takes too much effort placing the SSG into UD, it's just manually going through all the levels and adding the gun in that would be tedious.

Bashe said:

If only it was that simple,If only games could magically read your mind and make a weapon perform exactly as you wanted it to.

sorry guys, Bashe is exactly right since ZDaemon is generalized for Doom and Doom 2, so you just need to stick the SSG sprites from Doom 2 into a wad and play it and it should work fine.

Caco-Puff said:

If only it was that simple,If only games could magically read your mind and make a weapon perform exactly as you wanted it to.

It is that simple. IIRC the Ultimate Doom .exe is identical to the Doom 2 v1.9 .exe, meaning it includes the behaviour for not only the SSG, but all the Doom 2-only monsters as well.

NiGHTMARE said:

It is that simple. IIRC the Ultimate Doom .exe is identical to the Doom 2 v1.9 .exe, meaning it includes the behaviour for not only the SSG, but all the Doom 2-only monsters as well.

Yes, but with the exception of ZDoom and its derivatives all other source ports and the original block the Megasphere completely in Doom 1, the SSG at least partially and prohibit spawning of the new monsters (the original in a way that prevents every thing coming after the first of these monsters from being spawned as well.) Only the decorations can be freely used.

NiGHTMARE said:

IIRC the Ultimate Doom .exe is identical to the Doom 2 v1.9 .exe

It's the Doom v1.9 exe (i.e. the shareware and the final three-episode version before the fourth episode was added) that is identical (byte-for-byte) to the Doom2 v1.9 exe.

The Ultimate Doom exe has a few differences (lost soul behaviour, and obviously the info for episode 4; maybe mid-air teleporting, or was that just in the Final Doom exe?). This doesn't prevent it from being used to play Doom2 though, AFAIK.

I'm absolutely positive that I used the Heavy Weapon Dude in a Doom 1 level long before ZDoom even existed.

NiGHTMARE said:

I'm absolutely positive that I used the Heavy Weapon Dude in a Doom 1 level long before ZDoom even existed.

If you change the Doomednum with DEHACKED it is possible. Unaltered it is not.

Scuba Steve said:

Ho-lee-shit.

There's one for the record books.

2(2x + 1) = 10
4x + 2 = 10
    -2   -2
    4x =  8
    -     - 
    4     4
     x = 2
A in Algebra. :)

ax²+bx+c
3x²+5x+2

-b±√(b²-4ac)
x = ――――――――――――――――――
           2a

-(5)±√((5)²-4(3)(2))
 ―――――――――――――――――――――
        2(3)

-5±√((25)-4(6))
 ―――――――――――――――――――――
        (6)

-5±√(25-(24))
 ――――――――――――

-5±√(1)
 ――――――

√(1) = 1

-2 + 1 = -1

-1 / 6 = -1/6

-2 - 1 = -3

-3 / 6 = -.5

x = -1/6 or x = -.5
Heh I used the most special chars ever in a post probably including ², ±, √, and ―

insertwackynamehere said:

ax²+bx+c
3x²+5x+2

-b±√(b²-4ac)
x = ――――――――――――――――――
           2a

-(5)±√((5)²-4(3)(2))
 ―――――――――――――――――――――
        2(3)

-5±√((25)-4(6))
 ―――――――――――――――――――――
        (6)

-5±√(25-(24))
 ――――――――――――

-5±√(1)
 ――――――――――――

√(1) = 1

-2 + 1 = -1

-1 / 6 = -1/6

-2 - 1 = -3

-3 / 6 = -.5

x = -1/6 or x = -.5

I'M A FRESHMAN FFS!!!

x - x- x-x -x- x -x -x -x 998as =z x- x-= = -s0df = = x-x -x -x-x -x -x#$@# _ _ - -3$3$3 3 3@dfs _ _ =+ -=_+_+ F_F_F_F+-d= -+F_=-df=-f

And he'll solve it, too.