Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sharessa

Patent Holder Sues Every Game Company

This is great, I want to see more like this over in the US. Hopefully it'll bring the EU politicans to their senses on the issue.

dont patents usally last 7 years before you have to renew it?

yea i am starting to see why open source people hate software patens. its one thing to devlope your own program and system and to do with it what you want. however what about a little concept called parallel evolution? Now if it was stolen then i can understand, but why the 15 year wait?

needless to say i would have expected this BS from microsoft.

I've patented the Arabic number system. Danarchy owns me $6000, insertwackynamehere owns me $2000, and Sephiroth owns me $3000.

its the same shit with names. ever notice how most places don't say the "super bowl" on TV? they call it the big game and such. same with intel pentium.

now granted, it keeps someone from making a similar product and useing you rnamed. however beyond that it gets really lame.

Before Atari went under they tried suing Sega for using things like scrolling screens and a certain type of joystick port, all of which had been on Atari's systems. This was, of course, because Atari created the first home games console. I don't think they were successful.

I think this case crosses the line between regular patenting and "problem-patenting".

With "problem-patenting" I mean patenting a certain problem (and thus any solutions that might arise to it) rather than patenting a specific technical solution to the problem.

If these kinds of patents are legit it would mean the end of proper market economy within the technology sector.

Anything for money. Well the US has been slowly patenting the human genome project as they've been mapping it out. They tried to make it illegal for people to patent living things but have failed because corporations are greedy fucks and want to own the rights to the blue prints of every human being.

I can't wait to see how badly burnt this twat will be by the game companies' lawyers.

There needs to be a committee dedicated to going through all the patents and filtering out the frivolous ones (like Albert Einstein's head, ha ha ha, catch the reference...)