Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anima Zero

eaeuro2 demo (UV-Max 75% secrets)

Greetings. Took me a good three hours and 40+ attempts to do it today, but I have a UV-Max for eaeuro2.wad. However, it's only has 75% secrets because I ran outta patience with that blasted megasphere secret (archie was SO not cooperative here as you will see). I do believe however that I killed all enemies on the level (seeing as though I had exactly 765 kills at the end), so on that front, it's complete. Otherwise, first half was fine while the second half...yeah...right ^_^. It didn't go well at all. Overall time is 42:03 (due to uncooperative archie and many other mishaps throughout the level). However, it's my first exit here, plus my first UV-Max (well, sorta :), so give me some slack in that respect ok ^_^? Anyways, I just need to do a txt file and it'll be sent to Opulent. I'll try to see if a speedrun is feasible here (probably not likely, but let's hope ok?) and a -nomonsters run too.

PS: I hope someone takes this demo and improves upon it in every which way possible soon. It is very improvable here. Then again, big non-linear levels aren't my expertise.

EDIT: It's been sent. Should be up later today.

Nice...had another go at the level (just couldn't stand all the mistakes in the earlier demo at all) and came up with a new demo. Still 75% secrets (I totally dropped even going for the megasphere secret this time, didn't need it at all either) and still 100% kills too. Time for this one is 40:36 with far fewer mistakes than before. Only the last two areas went slow since I ran outta cell ammo :). Other than that, I'm pleased with the time here. Will be sending to Opulent now.

mmm, very nicely done. You made my day man! I liked every part of the demo except maybe some cell waste that lead to the slow cyber handling near the end. Anyways, THUMBS UP!

Anima Zero: I notice that you used -complevel 3. That is actually Boom's "Doom compatibility level", and doesn't fully emulate Boom's default behaviour (the most obvious differences are with "linedef trigger model" and "use exactly Doom's ..."). -complevel 5 is the one for full Boom compatibility.

Yes, this is contrary to of one the textfiles for 2.2.4 (README.compat.txt). cph confirmed that the textfile was wrong here.

aha, -complevel 3 is very nice anyhow as you get doom compability but with the extra linedef stuffs from boom right? sounds pretty useful.

Grazza said:

Anima Zero: I notice that you used -complevel 3. That is actually Boom's "Doom compatibility level", and doesn't fully emulate Boom's default behaviour (the most obvious differences are with "linedef trigger model" and "use exactly Doom's ..."). -complevel 5 is the one for full Boom compatibility.

Yes, this is contrary to one the textfiles for 2.2.4 (README.compat.txt). cph confirmed that the textfile was wrong here.

Oh, my bad :P. I just picked -complevel 3 as it was the first thing that popped into my head. As long I could complete the level, I was fine.

Erik said:

mmm, very nicely done. You made my day man! I liked every part of the demo except maybe some cell waste that lead to the slow cyber handling near the end. Anyways, THUMBS UP!

Agreed about the cell waste wholly. Oopsie there :P. Otherwise, glad you liked it.

Erik said:

aha, -complevel 3 is very nice anyhow as you get doom compability but with the extra linedef stuffs from boom right? sounds pretty useful.

I think that's pretty much what it is, but some things can be screwed up by it. Not sure exactly what categories of things don't work correctly, but one example is in Vile Flesh map28 (see these two posts). This was the issue that led me to realize that the 2.2.4 documentation was wrong.

KILLER demo Anima! Was very, very fun to watch...

I've gotta say, after seeing a demo for that map, it made me want to try one out for myself (once you start you can't stop).

So, I just sent Ops, my demo. It's only been worked down to 36:18, and I forgot one of the DAMN Cacodemons in the area with the 2 cybos. So it only reads 99% kills. That SUCKS.

I did get all the secrets, and it registered at 125%, hehe, so I thought that'd kind of make up for the survivor... :)

Maybe I'll try it again.

Again, man, NICE demo for a GREAT map.

ragnew said:

I did get all the secrets, and it registered at 125%, hehe, so I thought that'd kind of make up for the survivor... :)

125% secrets? o.O

ragnew said:

KILLER demo Anima! Was very, very fun to watch...

I've gotta say, after seeing a demo for that map, it made me want to try one out for myself (once you start you can't stop).

So, I just sent Ops, my demo. It's only been worked down to 36:18, and I forgot one of the DAMN Cacodemons in the area with the 2 cybos. So it only reads 99% kills. That SUCKS.

Maybe I'll try it again.

Again, man, NICE demo for a GREAT map.

Thanks, and I'm going to go watch your demo right now (125% secrets has got to be interesting).

EDIT: Great demo! And 125% secrets...has to be the first time I've seen that come up (the BFG secret somehow counted as 2 secrets). Also, that cowardly Caco that you missed went behind a wall out of your view (checked it with IDDT) so that explains that. Otherwise, excellent demo!

And while I'm at it, I'm gonna do a maxdemo for eaeuro03 (already did a -nomonsters run for it in 1:15). Hopefully I can get that up tonight.

I chipped in with a euro02 speedrun in 4:15, using an archie-jump discovered by Opulent long ago. Damn those cybers and their imp companions in the tunnels, they killed me almost every time.

Sending to Opulent.

Thanks for the nice words Anima, I appreciate it. Yeah, that damn caco was the one that escapes... :( I was thinking of doing another max run, but I'm thinking that this is going to be good enough.

Have to check out that speed run you've got Erik. That should be great man.

Anywho, time to get off to go to work... Hmph, work, fun, fun.

For some weird reason PrBoom 2.2.6 gives me "G_DeathMatchSpawnPlayer: Only 0 deathmatch spots, 4 required" when trying to play back Eriks demo (the other two worked fine), eternity played it back without problem though.

There is definetly something wrong with my prboom settings. I am going to reinstall it shortly.

I have fiddled around with eu2-415.lmp and mbflmpc, and uploaded a version that plays back with prboom: eu2-415b.

It seems you used one of prboom's mbf compatibility levels (7 or above?). Unfortunately, one (or maybe more) of these records demos that don't play back with prboom unless you edit the header information using mbflmpc.

mbflmpc is included in the tasmbf package, which you can get here. You need cookies and javascript enabled, and may need to wait for a while. Sorry, I don't know of anywhere where it can be downloaded directly.

AFAIK, the most recent version of lmpc is 3.2.4, and it can be found here.