Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dark santaclaus

gameboy

I just found out that there are copies of doom and doom2 for the gameboy, but I saw something disturbing for a doomer, the blood in all the screenshots seems to be green, is this any kind of parental lock, is there a way to play it normal or what?

I really dont understand why the Blood is green in the GBA Doom Games.

But then again, I dont understand why Cacodemons bleed Red when they should bleed blue and Hell Knights/Barons bleed Red when they should bleed Green in the Original Doom Games for PC.

DoomDan said:

I really dont understand why the Blood is green in the GBA Doom Games.

But then again, I dont understand why Cacodemons bleed Red when they should bleed blue and Hell Knights/Barons bleed Red when they should bleed Green in the Original Doom Games for PC.

Mabey they simply reversed the pallet?

Anyway its not nintendo in general. Activition was aiming for a teen audience. Of course Wolf 3-D would be mature with red blood. In the case of teens they would have to remove all the nazi related material and blood. And what does that give us? SNES Wolf 3-D

You JUST found out that Doom and Doom2 are available for the Gameboy Advance?

This is so img-thymelyne it's not funny.

Heh, yeah. That's some really old news right there.

Anyways, I don't see how green blood makes the game any less violent. Blood's blood.

DoomDan said:

Enough said. The same thing I thought about in the first place when I read post #1.

i thought the ports could have been done a bit better. doom has slowdown on some maps. personaly i don't mind the green blood. infact if it had no blood at all, for preformance reasons, i would take that.

my biggest issue was the fact you can only save after you beat a map. howeve rit was still a very good port.

wolf3d is a great game for GBA, but the music is missing.

i would rather let a kid shoot video game nazis than video game aliens. what would they do when they saw a real alien, shoot it? not good. they would go all independance day on us.

MasterOfPuppets said:

i would rather let a kid shoot video game nazis than video game aliens. what would they do when they saw a real alien, shoot it? not good. they would go all independance day on us.

Stupidest thing said in the history of the world.

The GBA DOOMs are great. Doesent matter if the blood is green or not, imo i think its pretty neat since its a little bit different.

I was quite pissed off about the lack of a Cyberdemon.

Doom 1 for GBA is pretty mediocre, but Doom II for GBA is alot better.

[D3HoE]Makaveli said:
Heh, I have Wolf 3d for GBA and its the same exact game.

Odd, because Wolf 3D for the SNES is apparently very different. From what I hear, enemies simply vanish when they die.

There was a feature in Turok for the N64 so that you could change the blood from red to green and vice versa. Perhaps it's something like that?

NiGHTMARE said:

Odd, because Wolf 3D for the SNES is apparently very different. From what I hear, enemies simply vanish when they die.

Not true. Enemies only sweat when they die instead of bleeding, and the only blood you ever see in the game is the little bit on the Status bar when you get below 30% health. Also, they removed all nazi references and shaved Hitler's tradmark 'stache and called him Staatmeister, which is stupidly enough a German name. And on top of that, they used the super-cut-down-supposedly-more-memory-efficient-Mac Levels.

Hustler One said:

There was a feature in Turok for the N64 so that you could change the blood from red to green and vice versa. Perhaps it's something like that?

Nope.The blood is only green in the GBA Dooms.It cant be changed.

I tried playing the doom gba once, it was really slow and hard to see. But still, it was doom, and it was fun. The green blood didn't really bother me though, I would've rather not had it at all if it would make the game smoother.

Jello said:

I tried playing the doom gba once, it was really slow and hard to see. But still, it was doom, and it was fun. The green blood didn't really bother me though, I would've rather not had it at all if it would make the game smoother.

Yes, Doom 1 for GBA was quite choppy, almost to the point of being unplayable, for me anyway. My GBA was stolen by an ex girlfriend before I was able to get the chance to play Doom 2 for the console... Sucks for me.