Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deathmatcher

Rise! So how about the Episode 3 trailer?

Oh man, I was lucky enough to be able to watch the new Episode3 Teaser Trailer, available for Hyperspace subscribers today, for the rest of the world on monday. I am not even a subscriber but my brother is and he sent me his password to have a look at it. Particularly thrilling is this spine chilling dialogue:

"Lord Vader"....

...."yes Master"....

.......................Rise!

Heh, LucasArts must have a huge army of lawyers working around the clock. Copies of the trailer are rapidly disappearing from servers around the world. Even screenshot captures have been removed. Apparently George wants to milk official hyperspace content for every penny.

I have about 5% faith. That's enough to go see it and not be disappointed if I am (once again) unimpressed.

Cyb said:

I have zero faith this movie will be any good.

I think it will be the best of all three new movies. Even new-trilogy-haters should enjoy it to some degree, as it´s mood is much closer to the mood of the original trilogy.

insertwackynamehere said:

Oh, yeah, why do people keep talking about Picard? He died two months ago!

Maybe, because they haven´t been visiting post hell for more than two months - like me.

Numbermind said:

I have about 5% faith. That's enough to go see it and not be disappointed if I am (once again) unimpressed.

oh yeah I will still see it because I am a hopeless nerd, but I am not getting duped into thinking it will be great yet again. the first one I assumed; second I assumed the first was a fluke... NOT THIS TIME!

expecting a suck-fest will work out in the end

I have nonzero faith; my faith is however equal to the reciprocal of A(G,G) (where A is the Ackermann function and G is Graham's number).

my mother use to be into those movies, and star trek, big time before she converted to fundalmentalist christianity. However i know she still likes that stuff, just doesn't say she does.

personaly i just saw it on TV, looks like it might be OK. truth is i only watch episode 2 like once. My dad even Owns the DVD and i dont really care for it. as aposed to how many times i have watched LOTR

...what

Patrick Stewart? I panicked, you fucktard :P

so sad. It will be enjoyable. but just a mere shadow of what it could have been.
What the heck makes Lucas think he can write these movies?! short-sighted egomaniac.
anywho, I love some of the ideas that would've made the first 3(Ep1,2,3) better:
1) R2-D2 is and was a Jedi Knight (lots of evidence of this)
2) Yoda WAS evil, but is now good. (this is the 'shocker' that should've happened at the end of ep2. That is how he beats Dooku, because he has both good and evil powers. Would have been great, because only Yoda could have 'seen' the dark side whereas Mace Windu and everyone else couldn't -- and Dooku wouldn't have know that he knew.)
3) Anakin is also both good and evil at once (hence how his 'soul' can wield both the green and the red lightsabers at the same time)... and this is how he turns the tide at the end of Ep2.
4) Boobs.

As it is, Ep3 will be almost a carbon copy of Ep2 in style and quality. enjoyable, but forgettable and mediocre.

Spike said:

Patrick Stewart? I panicked, you fucktard :P

Good, at least I know I wasn't the only one. That would be a sad day in the history of entertainment and theatre. Good thing he's immortal.

Anyway, as for my thoughts on Star Wars: I used to be a big Star Wars fan. Had all the movies, some action figures, played the card game, etc. Then it died off and I watched Episode 1 the day it came out. Big dissapointment. While not absolutely horrible, it was very lacking. "Eh," I thought to myself, "must have been some kind of fluke. Maybe Lucas has lost touch since he hasnt made any movies for 15 years or so. Maybe he just needs to warm up some more." Then I saw Episode 2. It was even worse than the first one. At this point, I totaly lost faith in the franchise and vowed never to watch another Star Wars movie again. Hell, I even started to retroactively hate the old movies (though I do admit now that Empire was a fine bit of movie production). So I say screw this movie.

Danarchy said:

Then I saw Episode 2. It was even worse than the first one.

I am so surprised, that so many people here have such a strong dislike towards Episode TWO. I know many people, that don´t like Ep.1, but ALL of them said, Ep.2 was great (or at least MUCH better than Ep.1).
I personally, like Ep.1 quite a lot and I love Ep.2; I would really like to know, what you guys hate about Ep.2 because I can´t see this.

I for one assumed Ep 1. was mediocre. I was wrong. It sucked balls. I saw Ep. 2 on the premise that it was much better. I was shocked at how bad it was. The reason why Ep. 1 and 2 suck are related to the reason as to why ep. 5 and 6 were better than 4: George Lucas didn't direct 5 and 6. He's the shittiest director on earth, I have no idea why he has the support of geniuses like Francis Ford Coppola and Steven Spielberg, I really don't.

gatewatcher said:

So I'd have to subscribe to shit to see this thing? Gah.

Legally, yes, but with this being the internet, no. It's also been shown on TV and in cinemas quite a bit, so I can't understand why people bother with paid subscriptions.

If you can't find a copy of the movie trailer, you can always watch the trailer for the game:

http://www.lucasarts.com/ep3/

Silverwyvern said:

Stupid thread.

I agree.

Anyway, the only reason I liked Episode 1 at all was the pod racing bit, which was just cheap thrills. The plot was next to nonexistant and the effects were subpar. Episode 2 had nothing worthwhile in it, and the scene where Yoda busts out the lightsaber just made me crack up. You don't go to a multimillion-dollar budget movie and excpect to get B-movie laughs. That, and everything pilottobombardier said.

Danarchy said:

Episode 2 had nothing worthwhile in it, and the scene where Yoda busts out the lightsaber just made me crack up. You don't go to a multimillion-dollar budget movie and excpect to get B-movie laughs. That, and everything pilottobombardier said.

That´s a matter of perspective, I think. When Yoda pulled out his lightsaber, my jaw dropped to the floor and tears of awe shot in my eyes...

Deathmatcher said:

That´s a matter of perspective, I think. When Yoda pulled out his lightsaber, my jaw dropped to the floor and tears of awe shot in my eyes...

You've obviously never seen good cinema then.

Danarchy said:

You've obviously never seen good cinema then.

If you have to throw around with misrepresentations, just because someone has a different opinion than you...a pretty pathetic behavior, IMHO.