Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomDan

Halo 2 Stuff

stop the presses! popular and hyped game gets high scores on game sites and magazines!

Really Long Username said:

IGN - GTA: SA gets a 9.9 but Halo 2 gets a 9.8? That's bullshit.

oh noes it's scored as slightly less exceptional than another game

Preorder party... why am I excited.. Dan's so excited it's wearing off.. I don't even like Halo.. Yet I'm all tense with anticipation...

Blah ;)

IGN - GTA: SA gets a 9.9 but Halo 2 gets a 9.8? That's bullshit.

Oh God Gimme a break.They both got the Highest Scores this year.

And I heard the single player was short and the storyline took a turn for the worse.Try playing the game yourself and see what you think before comparing a game to another.

I've had the game since it's leak jackass. I know what its like.

You probably didnt play BOTH Games.Dumb Fuck.

Hopefully Halo 2 isn't such a blatant Tribes rip-off as the first one. And isn't so mind numbingly repetitive.

Oh and thanks for reminding me, Lord Flathead: Metroid Prime 2 is out soon! With multiplayer!!! And Timesplitters 3 isn't too far off either... :)

Halo 2 = bleh
Timesplitters 3 = yay!
Metroid Prime 2 = double the yay!

The 1st Halo sucked, with the exception of the resulting fist fights multiplayer would cause some people I've played against. Some people hate losing. I predict this one shall have the same drab gameplay, new levels, some new weapons, new vehicles, new aliens to shoot at, all in all, just another standalone expansion pack glorified sequel like DoomII. I believe all your excitement stems from the fact it's a party.

I cant wait.Im getting both GTA:SA and Halo 2 on the same day.2 masterpieces in one.

And why do people compare Halo to Metroid Prime?? They are both completely different if you ask me.

POTGIESSER said:

The 1st Halo sucked, with the exception of the resulting fist fights multiplayer would cause some people I've played against. Some people hate losing. I predict this one shall have the same drab gameplay, new levels, some new weapons, new vehicles, new aliens to shoot at, all in all, just another standalone expansion pack glorified sequel like DoomII. I believe all your excitement stems from the fact it's a party.

Yeah.. but it's an EB party.. I bet they wont even feed me. Maybe we'll all go home with party bags full of Nintendo DS's or something.

Seems to me the only reason Halo is so popular is because it's the only decent game on xbox IMHO. It's exposed alot of people who have never played FPS's before.

I brought halo for pc a while ago, I enjoy the multiplayer but the single player I never finished - I don't intend to either.

The only reason Halo is popular is because it's a DECENT shooter on a console system. The gameplay is just so-so on par with PC and the levels are god-awful. Whoopidie-doo, Halo 2 is coming. Doom 3 owned it months before it came out. Half Life 2 owns it. Blood owns it because Blood owns everything. (ducks and covers)

How can you be ignorant enough to compare half-life to halo when they're basically similar games? They're real success lies in their multiplayer component. IMO Half-Life and Halo are both very much overrated when examined from teh SP perspective. The level designs of both games is mediocre, at least Halo has better sounding equipment.

I haven't played Doom 3, so I can't say much regarding that, but I'm not stupid enough to hold my breath for Half-Life 2 (never liked the first one in the first place). As for Halo 2, I'll find out what it's like tomorrow when I pick it up and give 'er a test run.

Doom 3 I'll wait for on the XBox. I'm not putting over $1000 into a PC I can't afford for a game that may not be worth my time.

But I must agree, you are right, Blood (actually, Blood 2) owns them both.

Halo was made years after HL, and level design should be more detailed.

Fuck it. I'm going to let that go because you have a Judas Priest reference in your title.

Planky said:

Seems to me the only reason Halo is so popular is because it's the only decent game on xbox IMHO. It's exposed alot of people who have never played FPS's before.

I brought halo for pc a while ago, I enjoy the multiplayer but the single player I never finished - I don't intend to either.

The most stable version of Morrowind is the one on the XBox. It might be cross-console, but the best version is definitely the XBox version because of that.

Well, I try. Regardless, level design in FPS peaked with Jedi Knight in 1997, hit the shitter, and didn't really improve until Deus Ex came out in 2000. Although Red Faction was pretty decent, too. Serious Sam wasn't bad either, despite its simplicity. Smash TV in 3D - sadly minus all the great Robocop references and annoying gameshow host :(

pilottobombadier said:

How can you be ignorant enough to compare half-life to halo when they're basically similar games?

I wasnt aware it was available on any console. heh.

Morrowind is a great game - I still play it for hours on end, but it isnt really an FPS.

Ninja Gaiden.. Morrowind.. Fable... shall I go on?

*paints 'Nids

Hmmm.. hungry... new city.. so many options.. where should I eat...

*keeps painting

DoomDan said:

And why do people compare Halo to Metroid Prime?? They are both completely different if you ask me.

Probably because they're both first person and very popular on their respective systems. Any game that's popular on one system is bound to grate on the nerves of fans for another system, especially games in similar genres. Frankly, it's pointless, especially when the only thing a fanboy manages to do is shut himself off from other potentially great titles.

pilottobombadier said:

you obviously never played Halo. Okay, there's so much ripped off from half-life in that game, it's pretty sad. Repetitive level design included.

You do realize that Halo was in developement for just as long as Half-Life, right? Any similarities between the two are purely coincidental, atleast I think so. For the record, Half-Life also "ripped" off quite a bit from other games, such as Doom or Quake. Hell, if you watch how the weapons move while walking in Half-Life, it's exactly the same as how Quake's weapons moved while walking. :)

Everyone likes to nit-pick and bitch about Doom3 a lot, but when Halo2 comes, it's so much better all of a sudden. Heh.

All I know is that I still play Halo on a weekly basis and dispite its alleged mediocre level design, I find something new every time.

Doom 3 Is the best game ever!!
No wait Half Life 2 is!!
Hold that thought, GTA San Andreas is the Best game ever!
Stop the presses, we have a greatest game ever, Halo 2!

pilottobombadier said:

you obviously never played Halo. Okay, there's so much ripped off from half-life in that game, it's pretty sad. Repetitive level design included.

You're saying that it's not fair to compare the two because they're too similar.