Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Corrupted Marine

decorate for zdoom

Can someone give me info on how to do this.

situation:
1. ive got a new gun created for my doom megawad

2. i want to place it into my zdoom wad like an extra weapon, for ex.) all the other original doom guns, and then this new gun. In other words i want this to be a secret gun for this wad.

3. i want the gun to fire different than other guns, like a dehacked lump in the wad.

some of the things ive seen is like monsters.wad, the monster pack, they have all the new monsters under decorate. how does decorate work? how can i make this new gun do all the above using decorate, and what do i require to do decorate for zdoom. i am using doom builder for zdoom. thanx

corrupt_marine said:

Can someone give me info on how to do this.

situation:
1. ive got a new gun created for my doom megawad

2. i want to place it into my zdoom wad like an extra weapon, for ex.) all the other original doom guns, and then this new gun. In other words i want this to be a secret gun for this wad.

3. i want the gun to fire different than other guns, like a dehacked lump in the wad.

Custom weapons aren't in yet, but there's a way round: replace one of the Heretic/Hexen/Strife weapons with your gun (but you won't be able to edit it's behaviour) and make a decorate item give you the weapon via scripting when you pick it up.