Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[D3HoE]Makaveli

Doom 3 Hell On Earth Baron Of Hell!

I love just about everything about it...except those little things coming off its back. Other than that, it's a pretty awesome little model, especially because he has horns, and little goat feet. I'm looking forward to blowing the hell out of this guy with the double barrel shotgun.

It looks very nice. Now, is there a bumpmapped applied to it or is it a matter of using far to many polys?

I'm merely asking cause I remember seeing the Spidermastermind-wireframe someone from your group made and it used alot of model detail that the bumpmap could have done just as good.

Deathmatcher said:

I don´t like it very much. It´s nicely done, don´t get me wrong, but it looks like a Cyberdemon rip off.

Hardly. It doesn't even have any mechanical features, as far as I can tell from the concept. If anything its a badass bro to the Hellknight, like the original Baron :D

The only feature I don't like is the set of wings.
My suggestion is build'em up a little more and shred them or lose them.

Other than that I think it is absolutly perfect, 'back pats' all round.

That model is badass. I was hoping for the baron in Doom3 to look more like what you've made.

I don't like the stuff in the back though. The horns are definitely cool, but I'd probably go with horns that aren't so cyberdemonish.

Great Job!

It's awesome, especially the horns and hooves! I actually like the (burnt off?) wing stubs. It gives the impression that the Baron is a fallen angel. :)

It looks ok i guess; it's lost a lot of the edge that the concept art had.

Oke, enough with the cyberdemon comments...
According to the DooM bible, the cyberdemon is a heavily modified and enhanced Baron of Hell. So there.

I'm merely asking cause I remember seeing the Spidermastermind-wireframe someone from your group made and it used alot of model detail that the bumpmap could have done just as good.

I'm not one to speak for a team I'm not a part of, but a wireframe is a wireframe. It's hardly indicative of the final result.
For the most part, such hi-poly models are used to create the normal maps; the in-game model is going to be much lower-poly.

Hmm don't like it either. Maybe it's too fat, I really can't tell what it is that annoys me.

I like the concept of the wings, but I don't like how it's done. I'd say if you really want wings, build them up a little more, so you can tell that they're wings, not just weird little nubs. Or you could just put full wings on it, like bat wings. I'd imagine that'd add quite a few polys though. I don't really think it needs the wings anyways, looks badass enough.

Jello said:

Or you could just put full wings on it, like bat wings. I'd imagine that'd add quite a few polys though.

You could probably just use a sprite attached to the stubs for the wings rather than model them. If I remember correctly, either the tick's or trite's legs were actually sprites rather than models.

Snarboo said:

You could probably just use a sprite attached to the stubs for the wings rather than model them. If I remember correctly, either the tick's or trite's legs were actually sprites rather than models.

It was the tick's. I was pretty amazed by that, since I never even noticed until I turned on notarget and spawned every monster in the game to have a good look at them.

I'm pretty amazed that I went through the whole game and never came across the tick. Kaiser told me it was only in one place. Which I also find pretty amazing.

That thing about the tick is pretty cool. There's quite a few of them in that area, so they probably did it to keep the framerate from dying. I suppose it's quite possible to just run past them though, the only reason I met them was because I decided to find out what the noise was. Wasted quite a bit of ammo there too.

I'm not sure that sprites for wings would look very good on something as large as the baron though, it'd probably be pretty noticeable that they were just sprites.

From what I have gathered, they added the tick in for us leveldesigners and mod people. It's smaller and demands less processing power.