Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Snarboo

Man's attempt to convert Lions to Christianity Fails.

Short, hilarious article someone showed to me on MSN recently:
Man tries to convert lions to Jesus, Gets Bitten

It's fortunate that the lions had been fed before they attacked the man. I'd love to see what other animals the man would try to convert..

"Believe in Jesus, Mr. Beluga Whale, and you shall not be poached into OBLIVION for your hedonistic, fish eating ways!"

Hahha! I thought the picture was hilarious! You can put in so many crazy captions!

Man: JESUS SAVES YOU!
Lion: NO! I'm Jewish, asshole!

Ok, so that was a bad example, but what I thought was even more hilarious was the closing statement for the article!

You should have seen the video then (it was all over the news over here)

Arioch said:

Rome.
Lions.
Christians.

the romans with lions and chariots and stuff weren't christian though, they had their set of gods which were just greek gods only with roman names

they didn't start christianity until after the fall of the empire if I recall right

DJ_Haruko said:

Damn, that could have been a Darwin Award.

It's certainly an Honorable Mention.

Cyb said:

they didn't start christianity until after the fall of the empire if I recall right

You are not correct. Emperor Constantine at one point had Christianity as the official religion of the empire.

Cyb said:

Heh, go read The Davinci Code. It's a massive conspiracy, I tell you!

stupid people never fail to amuse me, ever. Good thing the lions had lunch before hand. I saw this in a few places.

the romans adopted christianity towards the end of the empire. i think in sometime around 300 AD maybe. can't remember.

Captain Red said:

Am I the only one who's reminded of the old joke about the bare and the atheist?

I love that joke

Ultraviolet said:

You are not correct. Emperor Constantine at one point had Christianity as the official religion of the empire.

Constantine was the first Emperor of Byzantine Empire (aka the Eastern Roman Empire), which was created when the old Empire of Rome had to be split in two because of all the barbarian invasions were too much for the leaders to handle. So technicaly that's correct if you call the split as the end of the Roman Empire. If you count the Byzantine Empire as the Roman Empire in that respect, then it lasted up until the Crusades 700 years later.

Also, I think it was Justinian (a later Byzantine emperor), not Constantine who officialy converted them to Christianity.

Revenant100 said:

Getting mauled by lions while screaming "JESUS WILL SAVE YOU!" would be such a cool way to die.

Yeah, and then up in heaven you could tell St. Peters, "I told you I was hardcore."

This makes me laugh. :D Not the voilence part but, just the whole trying to convert lions and screaming how Jesus will save and the silly comments. Hahaha, what a good laugh. :D

Csonicgo said:

YAY, it's a " let's see what we can do to bash christianity" thread! I love these!

I dont think this has anything to do with Christianty or religion in general. The man is obviously a wacko.

And what the hell was he trying to save the lions from? They're probably living in much better conditions than they would in the wild.