Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foofoo

My new Doom port project - FDoom v.0.2

ive been getting into C++ programming lately, and I came up with an idea- make my OWN Doom port! Sheesh yeah!

I've been working on it for a little bit of time now. I was trying to make improvements, trying to understand it all (the Doom code), but whenever i touch something i just seem to make it all worse :( , so im pretty much acctidentally fucking it right up. So, i'll call my doom port FDoom.

Check in about 1 or 2 months for the download of the first beta release of FDoom v.0.2! ;)

FEATURES:
*half the guns don't work.
*imps cannot die.
*it only works on Episode 1 of Doom1 and only the first 18 levels of Doom2.
*DONT PICK UP ANY OF THE YELLOW KEYS!! Dont ask why, just dont!!
*Whenever a shotgunner shoots you, he multiplies (?)
*Do not look and face any of the TEKGREN textures of Doom2
*whenever you use the chainsaw you exit the level.
*After you kill the Spidermastermind on Episode 3, you exit to level 3 of episode 2 with all the monsters gone.
*No more viewing plane errors!
*No more viewing plane!
*Instead of getting the menu when you press ENTER, your health lowers by 25%.
*You cannot turn left anymore.

Hrm... sounds notably similar to the 1337-2 engine. I know I've got an old copy of that thing around somewhere... anyway, you might also want to give the archviles invisibility, invulnerability and full no-clipping.

Lüt said:

Hrm... sounds notably similar to the 1337-2 engine. I know I've got an old copy of that thing around somewhere... anyway, you might also want to give the archviles invisibility, invulnerability and full no-clipping.

hmmm never heard of the 1337-2. sounds nearly as cool as mine.

I suspect this belongs in Hell, but I'll give it the benefit of what little doubt there is, and move it to Source Ports.

Never heard of 1337-2 either, but from the name, I'd imagine it'd be an entertaining experience. Any idea where to get it?

I look forward to the first release of fdoom as well. I like playing things that are full of weird, annoying, and possibly game breaking bugs...I mean features.

Jello said:

Never heard of 1337-2 either, but from the name, I'd imagine it'd be an entertaining experience. Any idea where to get it?

I presume it is the sequel to 1337.wad, and currently under "development" by Ernie Stockham and maybe others. So you can't get a copy right now.

Foofoo said:

ive been getting into C++ programming lately, and I came up with an idea- make my OWN Doom port! Sheesh yeah!

I've been working on it for a little bit of time now. I was trying to make improvements, trying to understand it all (the Doom code), but whenever i touch something i just seem to make it all worse :( , so im pretty much acctidentally fucking it right up. So, i'll call my doom port FDoom.

Check in about 1 or 2 months for the download of the first beta release of FDoom v.0.2! ;)

FEATURES:
*half the guns don't work.
*imps cannot die.
*it only works on Episode 1 of Doom1 and only the first 18 levels of Doom2.
*DONT PICK UP ANY OF THE YELLOW KEYS!! Dont ask why, just dont!!
*Whenever a shotgunner shoots you, he multiplies (?)
*Do not look and face any of the TEKGREN textures of Doom2
*whenever you use the chainsaw you exit the level.
*After you kill the Spidermastermind on Episode 3, you exit to level 3 of episode 2 with all the monsters gone.
*No more viewing plane errors!
*No more viewing plane!
*Instead of getting the menu when you press ENTER, your health lowers by 25%.
*You cannot turn left anymore.

That sounds like the worst Doom source port idea ever made or thought of and I think that your port's purpose is to piss people off. (I hope this is indeed NOT true but a sick joke BUT if it is true then read this message below)

Forget FDoom and make the 10000000000000th level for the long awaited Hell Revealed 3 that resembles Nuts.wad. I have played all of your wads
and I like to point out that your wad making skills have proven to be worthy and I will NOT allow you to be devoured by the Great Beast of Stupidity of the south who lives in the south side of The "Not so great" lands of Stupidor. The beast really does not devour people but only makes people to make ridiculous source ports like FDoom.

and far of the distance I can hear Captain Pincards screams as he burns eternally on a place known as "Post Hell" in which I would predict that this thread is heading toward the Fires of Post Hell.

Nightmare Doom said:

Forget FDoom and make the 10000000000000th level for the long awaited Hell Revealed 3 that resembles Nuts.wad. I have played all of your wads
and I like to point out that your wad making skills have proven to be worthy and I will NOT allow you to be devoured by the Great Beast of Stupidity of the south who lives in the south side of The "Not so great" lands of Stupidor. The beast really does not devour people but only makes people to make ridiculous source ports like FDoom.

Were you the "Great Beast's" first victim?

Nightmare Doom said:

That sounds like the worst Doom source port idea ever made or thought of and I think that your port's purpose is to piss people off. (I hope this is indeed NOT true but a sick joke BUT if it is true then read this message below)

Err, I think it is a joke...

Nightmare Doom said:

and far of the distance I can hear Captain Pincards screams as he burns eternally on a place known as "Post Hell" in which I would predict that this thread is heading toward the Fires of Post Hell.

No, but you might be going somewhere close to it if you continue the way you are going.

And please don't bring up his "Hell Revealed 3" bullshit again. It's just insulting to the HR and HR2 teams.