Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TinMan

Mod: TinMan Squad 0.3

Howdy champs, the next version is here.
Short description: Let's you play through single player with AI squadmates.
For this version I mainly focused on making them fight a bit better and it play a bit better.
So screenshot, readme and file:
http://www.gpdownloads.co.nz/dl.dyn/Files/3400.html
And modified versions of three of the first singleplayer maps with pre-deployed squad and full navigation from start to finish:
http://www.gpdownloads.co.nz/dl.dyn/Files/3401.html

Thanks for the feedback on the last one and keep it comming.

Update: Download problems should be fixed now.

Have you tried both ftps? One of them has limited international connections.
Also could you give me a bit more infor on what problems you are having?
My mod eventually will start getting bigger, so I want to make sure I have a good host since I'm still on dial-up (teehee).

Short answer not for the forseeable future.

It is something I've thought about, considering that the mod will be focusing around a squad, coop would fit right in.
But at the moment there are a couple of big hurdles.
1. As mentioned I'm still on a slow connection and surprisingly enough don't know anyone with a decent enough computer to run doom 3 for lan, so I just plain couln't test it.
2. Being pretty much a beginner at programming I'm learning as I go, learning how the networking is handled is not something I'm willling to put time into at the moment.

However, I'm sure theres a few people allready working on coop, and maybe the'll be willing to share their implementation and I'll see if I'm at a point where I can do it.

This is real cool! :D

Just wish they had more variety, weapon-wise. :|

A BFG guy would be awesome, yet totally dangerous. :D

Yay, I'm glad you like it.
One amusing side effect of my early implementation of the other weapons is that they don't know to let go of the bfg trigger. Oddly enough it doesn't overcharge but holds at full charge so they ally will stand there pointing at the enemy until you walk in front of them, and they let go. heh.

Considering you're distributing modified versions of retail maps, is it still within legal bounds?

The only real issue with the modifed maps is that the scripts and triggers don't work as they normally should, forcing me to noclip thorugh the window. Or find a different way to move on with the level.

TinMan said:

Have you tried both ftps? One of them has limited international connections.
Also could you give me a bit more infor on what problems you are having?
My mod eventually will start getting bigger, so I want to make sure I have a good host since I'm still on dial-up (teehee).

Nevermind all I had to do was right click, save target as..and it downloaded fine. :)

Ah, to tell you the truth I'm not 100% sure. I know in the past (q3 for exampe) id hasn't had any problem with mods that have textures based on retail source, and they have included that provision in d3s eula.
I'll make sure I clear it up with id before next release.

The only real issue with the modifed maps is that the scripts and triggers don't work as they normally should

Eh, where is this?