Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

Daily News: FCC near-censorship & Farenheit 9-11 sequel

ABC Stations Cancel Showing of Saving Private Ryan
A large handful of broadcast companies in the US have opted to pull or reconsider the screening of academy award winning Saving Private Ryan, previously scheduled to be shown on Veteran's Day. Their concerns are rooted in potential repercussions by the FCC and fines for excessive violence and vulgarity. Some stations, however, will not forego the intended programming, arguing that any pressure from the FCC to do so would be active censorship. More on this story here.

Moore Plans Follow-Up to Farenheit 9-11
Michael Moore is planning to begin work on a sequel to his well-known documentary Farenheit 9-11, which is the highest grossing documentary in box office history. Made famous for its criticism of Bush and the factors regarding the Iraq War as well as the terrorist attack at Ground Zero, Moore intends to make this second film another atttempt at informing the American public, saying, "The official mourning period is over today and there is a silver lining: George W. Bush is prohibited by law from running again." More on this story here.

Michael Moore called it a comedy when questioned by Lou Dobbs. "How can there be inaccuracies in comedy?". So I don't see how it was the highest grossing anything.

And I intended on watching SPR tonight

Oh great... another 90 minutes of crap shoved in my face from another Micheal Moore comedy of fairy tales and ghost stories. I can't wait to see what that Moore can come up with this time. When will he quit trying to confuse and decieve the public through altered videos and out of context quote and made up interviews?... Man that guys annoying. And what bugs me the most is that Americans support an anti-american who lives in america!! There's so much wrong with that! The "man" publicly disowns and insults America, then he comes back to America, to live in America, and stuff his face with cheesburgers. And then Americans support him for these things.

I wouldn't be suprised if he said Bush was responsible for the holocaust too.. It would make just about as much sense as his last movie did and probably as much sense as this one's gonna make too.

I don't know about Bush, but his grandfather was a Nazi collaborator...

BTW anyone else agree that whiny bureaucrats should get fined whenever they make a decision which is so pathetically idiotic, it actually causes everyday peoples' opinion of the world to lower?

Job said:

ABC Stations Cancel Showing of Saving Private Ryan
A large handful of broadcast companies in the US have opted to pull or reconsider the screening of academy award winning Saving Private Ryan, previously scheduled to be shown on Veteran's Day. Their concerns are rooted in potential repercussions by the FCC and fines for excessive violence and vulgarity. Some stations, however, will not forego the intended programming, arguing that any pressure from the FCC to do so would be active censorship. More on this story here.

That's bullshit. If they can show Shindler's List uncut on network TV, they can show Saving Private Ryan.

Silent said:

I wouldn't be suprised if he said Bush was responsible for the holocaust too..

Well, his grandfather WAS a Nazi...

Bush is leading the lifestyle and reaping the rewards of his Grandad working with and receiving millions from the Nazis.

S1lent said:

And what bugs me the most is that Americans support an anti-american who lives in america!!

He's not Anti-America, he's Anti-Bush.

He fucking owns profits from his grandfather using Holocaust slave labor.

Well he can't really be held responsible for what Gramps did, come on now.

BBG said:

As far as I know, he ripped into Clinton's side in the late 90's. He really doesn't like anybody apparently

Still, being anti-American politicians doesn't neccessarily make you anti-USA. I mean, if had a choice of mud pie, gravel pie or sand pie, not wanting any of them wouldn't mean you hated all types of pie in existence. If you'd been presented with a better choice of pie, e.g. apple pie, blueberry pie and raspberry pie, perhaps you would have been more inclined to actually want one of them.

Or something.

Ralphis said:

As far as I know, he ripped into Clinton's side in the late 90's. He really doesn't like anybody apparently

Whatever happened to being cynical for its own sake? Anyway, criticizing politicians and the government is the second oldest profession, right after prostitution. Don't act so surprised, this is nothing new.

Ralphis said:

What he doesn't like is the general public absorbing whatever lies are fed to them without questioning. I'm damn sure he's happy as a pig in shit that there were people out there making an EFFORT to debunk the theories and challenge the sources he came up with in F911-- that is, rather than saying, "Not my Bush; my God-loving, Iraq-hugging, terrorist-eradicating Bush!! My beloved Bush would never do that!! Yes, my Bush whispers sweetly in our ears, and I love him for it." You see?

See, this past election was won by people who smirkingly rally behind the Republican flag like they get a Secret Decoder ring and the opportunity to say "my guy won" for the sake of saying it. But it was also won by Democrats who actually DECIDED to vote for Bush due to whatever RESEARCH they did on the issues they found important, as well as scared lemmings who can still be manipulated.

/me eats his gravel pie.

About the OT: Eh, I have Saving Private Ryan on DVD. And I can't really see what makes this movie more relevant than any other war movie. There are two ways to change the system: from the inside, or making your own system more powerful. Guess what? The FCC "owns" network TV, so either take over the FCC or make your own station.

And what's the point of making a sequel to F911? WE'RE FUCKING LIVING IT, DUMBASS. Here, let me go watch a movie about what I had for breakfast this morning.

BBG said:

Umm, I think you should go and find out what he said to the Europeans when he accepted an award for his anti-American movie.

S1lent said:

Umm, I think you should go and find out what he said to the Europeans when he accepted an award for his anti-American movie.

pretty sure fahreinheit 9/11 is anti-bush, not anti-american. you need to learn to see the difference in those two terms.

Once again...

S1lent said:

S1lent said:

YOU are the one making the claim, my friend. Why not enlighten us yourself as to what he said instead of telling people to google it?

S1lent said:

Oh great... another 90 minutes of crap shoved in my face from another Micheal Moore

Boy I sure hate those bastard soldiers when they come knocking my door down, drag me out without my consent and cram my rifle-butt-to-the-neck unconscious body into the APC with the rest of the civilians in this block for a free trip to the cinema to see the latest releases.

Sometimes they buy us popcorn.

I can't wait to see what that Moore can come up with this time.

Numbermind said:

And what's the point of making a sequel to F911? WE'RE FUCKING LIVING IT, DUMBASS. Here, let me go watch a movie about what I had for breakfast this morning.

Quoted for truth. Well said.

It should be renamed Farenheight 620, which is the flash point temperature of lard.

fodders said:
Bush is leading the lifestyle and reaping the rewards of his Grandad working with and receiving millions from the Nazis.

Well, yeah, but so is everybody. seiously, that computer you are using evolved from tabulating machieans used to record the number of jews shifted off into the gas chambers.

anyway, as a more modrate leftie on this form, I'd like to distance myself form Mr. Moore. no because I think he's telling lies, I'm just annoyed at the high levels sap the gets into his films. You know, stuff like that interview at the end of BFC. It's cheap.

Yes, that interview at the end did suck; especially with the impossibility of the camerawork while the guy was walking away.

Captain Red said:

Well, yeah, but so is everybody. seiously, that computer you are using evolved from tabulating machieans used to record the number of jews shifted off into the gas chambers.

anyway, as a more modrate leftie on this form, I'd like to distance myself form Mr. Moore. no because I think he's telling lies, I'm just annoyed at the high levels sap the gets into his films. You know, stuff like that interview at the end of BFC. It's cheap.

I don't buy actual IBM products and I don't have a $1.5 mil (1940's money) trust fund of Holocaust profits. $1.5 mil 1945 money is equivalent to somewhere between $14 and $15 mil 2003 money. Bush sits with this trust fund his Dad created and despite all their wealth is sure as hell not giving it back to surviving victims. Check out the first link under Bush Crime Family here.

S1lent said:

Oh great... another 90 minutes of crap shoved in my face from another Micheal Moore comedy of fairy tales and ghost stories. I can't wait to see what that Moore can come up with this time. When will he quit trying to confuse and decieve the public through altered videos and out of context quote and made up interviews?

As soon as you stop paying him to watch the damn thing.

I haven't seen any of his flicks yet, he's not buying hamburgers with my money.

I spent enough money feeding Gene Simmons, I'm broke.

-E

ventnor said:

pretty sure fahreinheit 9/11 is anti-bush, not anti-american. you need to learn to see the difference in those two terms.

In all the discussions I had with those people it became abundantly clear that they either compulsively have to warp the truth to fit their vile ideology or that they lack the kind of intelligence required to make that distinction.

I think S1lent better fits the second category.

I just think that they are not cognisant with the full details. There was a check box on the florida vote to ascertain that you were not "mentally subnormal", perhaps they (inc S1lent) checked that box by mistake? :P