Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Naked Snake

The DJ is right, Japan rules

http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/20041110p2a00m0dm011002c.html

School girl pimps friends to doctor

A doctor who paid some 70 girls a total of 10 million yen for sex after receiving several introductions from a high school girl has been arrested in violation of the law banning child prostitution, police said on Wednesday.

Doctor Seizaburo Toma, 66, from the Tokyo suburb of Chofu, had admitted to the allegations.

"I'm glad I was arrested. I couldn't stop myself," officers quoted Toma as saying.

The allegations over which Toma was arrested involve a 16-year-old high school girl. The doctor allegedly paid her 60,000 yen for sexual services at his clinic in Tokyo's Kita-ku on June 9.

Police suspect that he had paid for sex with up to 70 girls from about 6 years ago, paying them a total of 10 million yen.

A 15-year old Tokyo high school girl who introduced her friends to the doctor was also arrested.

Police also nabbed Yoshihiko Kubo, a 50-year-old company employee from Machida, for paying the 16-year-old girl for sexual services in July at the introduction of the arrested girl, police said. (Mainichi Shimbun, Japan, Nov. 10, 2004)

BBG said:

"I'm glad I was arrested. I couldn't stop myself," officers quoted Toma as saying.

Translation : I DID IT ALL FOR THE NOOKIE

I believe they actually call this sort of pimping "Compensated Dating" here. There are some fine lines, but it's not always illegal.

The easiest way to translate yen to dollars is just chop off the last two digits. While not as precise as 106.96 Yen to a Dollar (what I saw on the news last night as I ate yakisoba), it's the easiest way to estimate prices here.

Funny how the only news I hear about crime in Japan is the really weird (and occasionally funny) stuff. Japan sure sounds like a safe place to me and I wish I could live there (but there's always the language barrier - I only know one year of the language.)

Ah, but I ramble. Carry on.

This is why japan rules:

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Is it a Jaguar mk2? No, its a Mitsuoka view-t!, which looks like britian's (twelfth) greatest classic car! (went to a classic auction today, incedentally, and they where selling mk2 jags for £2000, and that was for the REALLY knackered ones, like no lights, no chrome, no engines, totally rusted..imagine what a complete one is worth!

I looked it up on thier website, and from the side it is more obvious its based on the old nissan micra, with a boot and jag mk2 front, still they do produce an awesome looking car, which is also based on the old micra, but looks like some huge 1930's cadillac or something, complete with the spare tyre on the outside, and huge chrome exhaust pipes running down the sides, looks ultra cool. Also the engrish on their website is pretty funny:

We offer you this traditional London Taxi of British make as an exclusive sole distributor of Japan.

Actually thier "Traditional london taxi of british" is actually a smaller version (based on, yes, the old micra!) of the crappy modern one that comes from korea or somewhere, rather than the classic Austin carbodies FX4

Japan youth has some serious problems with materialism. Enjo kosai, or compensated dating, is a serious problem among many of the youth in Japan. It's sad, really.