Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ChaosOverlord

this may seem weird but....

I am actually a hell of a lot more into actual level design and the like then I am in actually playing Doom... don't get me wrong, I DO love Doom, but I love designing my own little worlds even more... at any rate.. I played that Covert Ops TC just yesterday and that thing is tight as hell... how did they incorporate those new weapons? was it dehacked? Where can I find tutorials on how to use Dehacked or anything like that? Would it actually be possible to incorporate new weapons into ZDOOM with this program? if so, would it be possible to have some weapons that have a secondary firing ability.. or a ZOOM (ala Sniper Rifle)? Let me know, because I could really dig designing some new weapons and shit...

You need EDGE to add in new weapons. Using EDGE's DDF file support, you can add extra stuff such as weapons and enemies, not just replacements for them.

Lazer is of course correct. For complete freedom you want something like EDGE with its DDF capability, or Zdoom should have a scripting language (Doomscript) in version 1.24, but that is a long way off yet, 1.23 is still in beta stage.

However, if you still wish to delve into Dehacked - and I think you might have some fun with it - you could try my site for some information.

http://www.btinternet.com/~Enjay001/

Just click on the dehacked link.

I am actually a hell of a lot more into actual level design and the like then I am in actually playing Doom... don't get me wrong, I DO love Doom, but I love designing my own little worlds even more...

Join the club :)

Where can I find tutorials on how to use Dehacked or anything like that?

Do as Enjay suggests and check out his site. He has extensive (and I mean extensive) experience with DeHacked. If you still have questions, ask on this or ZDooM forums.

Would it actually be possible to incorporate new weapons into ZDOOM with this program?

There are 3 aspects to new weapons -- (i) new graphics for existing weapons, same behavior; (ii) new or old graphics for existing weapons, new behavior; (iii) entirely new weapons. (i) does not require DeHacked, (ii) requires DeHacked, and (iii) requires EDGE or similar. ZDooM & DeHacked currently won't allow you to create an additional weapon.

if so, would it be possible to have some weapons that have a secondary firing ability.. or a ZOOM (ala Sniper Rifle)?

Not currently in ZDooM.

I am actually a hell of a lot more into actual level design and the like then I am in actually playing Doom...

That's like me, personally I'm so sick of the game I can't stand to look at it's directory. I like making maps for it and I like playing other people's maps, that's the only reason I keep it around.