Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
zxcvbnm

i'm taking bets

...on how long this forum will last.

i say 2 months. no one posts in it anyway, and if they did it would end up as a bigass flame war.

and besides, doomers are a very very different group of people. we have christians, athiests, satanists and other religions all here playing doom. the opinions are too varied and conflicting here.

good times,
xooz98

Actually, this has been a pretty popular forum since it came into existance...

The name has nothing to do with the forum itself. Ling doesn't really expect you to talk about religion and politics, those are just 2 fine examples of what people start flamewars about. Ling actually wants a forum like this so the general forum is cleaner and so Doomworld isn't as boring. Atleast that's what I would hope he wants but we all know he's out of his mind most of the time.

And despite what you think the more popular the forum gets the less chance of it's existance there is. If more people post here the General forum will be empty and doomworld will be all about flamewars.

hey,

im not seeing why this will clean up the general forum... it will probably just mess up this one. its just going to end up with two or three people yelling their views about stuff to the other two and getting yelled at.

1. god!
2. satan!
3. neither!
1. oh yeah? well religion is good!
2. oh yeah? well sacrificing goats is better!
3. oh yeah? well both are bad!
1. shut up you ignorant fuck
2. oh yeah? yuou shut up
3. both of you shut up
1. god!
2. satan!
3. neither!
etc.

you get the picture.

thanks for your opinion,
xooz98

It's not like that yet, mod's won't let it get to that point. Take this thread for example, we have different opinions yet we don't flame each other.

Right now this seems like a great idea because you can discuss material that's not related to doom. Even though playing doom 24/7 doesn't get boring talking about it does. For example: "Hey, what's your favorite monster/map/weapon" questions.