Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr.Doom

MULTIPLAYER!!!!

When I play D3 multiplayer my ping ALWAYS sucks. Is it my AOL 0.9 Optimized ISDN connection or is it my E-machine 256 DDR MB ram and Pentium 3 processer computer. I need help and I need it fast, (Don't say that I need X-box live bcause I know that.)

256 mb ram isnt even the minimal requirments. But AOL would probably have more to do with ping

My pings also always pretty bad. I don't use AOL. I have a cable connection with Comcast and 1GB of RAM.

Having a bad ping doesn't really have anything to do with the computer. It's just the connection to the server. But how well the game workis with the ping is effected by the computer aswell as the connection.

Doesn't matter if you have a good connection if the server you connect to doesn't.

skippy said:

I think that might be your problem.

I agree.AOL is GAY.

Doom 3s Multiplayer really isnt worth playing anyway.

skippy said:

I think that might be your problem.

I agree also, having AOL as a ISP is like eating McDonaolds everyday but I do like their fries though.

The only thing AOL offers that is even worth getting is AOL Instant Messenger (AIM). That's about it. Everything else is slow, expensive, inconvinient, and/or buggy.

Isn't AIM free?

I wonder how long it'll be till the next big upgrade-wave for internet speed will be? We just got t1 at work, I think it was around $1000 for the installation... I really miss the days at school where we had oc3 - I just checked out the price on these things and it's around 38 grand, damn I wonder what oc48 (2.48 Gpbs) is like?

I'm assuming these bigger connections are for business only?

woah man, maybe your problem is that you are using version 0.9!

heh, joking of course (you meant 9.0, right?)

AOL is poop... And it seems like you need to upgrade your PC.
Unless you are one of them weird AOL freaks who likes im's and chat rooms, with pop-up's in your face all the time...

Dr.Doom said:

(Don't say that I need X-box live bcause I know that.)

Problem found!

Moved to the uh, Multiplayer forum.

And anyway, Doom3 is known to have high bandwidth requirements. It even says so on the BOX.