Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShaneAmp

Frame Durations

I was wondering how u can, or if u can lower the durations between frames in dehacked for monsters but still keep the speed of them regular. Changing the speed in dehacked doesnt seem to work. The monsters speed up alot when the duration is lowered. Any suggestions? it's no big deal, but would help what im going for in a mod im working on.

Try modifying both the thing's speed and the frames' duration. The speed value does work, btw.

Patch File for DeHackEd v3.0
Doom version = 21
Patch format = 6

Thing 2 (Trooper)
Speed = 4
Frame 176
Duration = 2
Frame 177
Duration = 2
Frame 178
Duration = 2
Frame 179
Duration = 2
Frame 180
Duration = 2
Frame 181
Duration = 2
Frame 182
Duration = 2
Frame 183
Duration = 2
Try that on map01. It looks quite unusual, although sorta better.
I just cut the walking frames' duration in half and also cut the speed property in half. Its the exact same "speed" as before :)

that is what i tried, and my monster would run around about twice as fast as normal, and no matter what i did to the speed it wouldnt seem to change it. Well i guess i'll try again, thanx.

Speed is how far the actor will move per walking frame. So a speed of 4 and frame duration of 2 would be the same as a speed of 2 and frame duration of 4.
Or maybe I don't know how it works at all.

I dont think what i was going for is possible, at least not with dehacked. I tried it again, and the same thing happened as before, the monster just moved way to fast.