Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Megalomanaic

Door Creation

How the hell do I make a working door? It is totally effed when I try.

Also, how come my walls are all shoot-through? The bullets don't stop once they hit them. The ceiling and floor are fine, but not the walls.

I am using DoomBuilder

Make a door:
make the ceiling have the same height as the floor (move ceiling to floor, not vice versa)
Then make one of the walls of a door and assign linedef special 1.

How come You shoot trough walls? Are You sure You haven't fuck up anything while making Your sector? Make sure the walls securing the world from the void are
a)impassable
b)one-sided
c)are facing the world, not the void

Woah, talk about deja vu!

My first ever level, created back in 1994, had shoot-through walls and a broken door :).

Thanks for the guide CodeImp.

About the shoot thru walls - I've noticed the only guns that are shooting thru are the bazooka, plasma, and bfg. Here is a pic of my map, tell me if you see anything wrong. (The side walls can't be shot thru, but the pillars within the map can.)

I think I have had this before on NEW maps with ports... its a blockmap error if I am not mistaken, not a sidedef error. Try a different nodesbuilder and see what happens.

Are you making the pillars by lowering the ceiling to the floor (or vice versa) or setting the lines to impassible and setting a middle texture? If it's the latter the reason they can be shot through is that they aren't solid!

o_O

If this is Your 1-sided linedef uncheck the "back side". Right now what You have is a 2 sided linedef. Such cannot secure the map from the void.