Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foofoo

Whats the most beautiful thing you've ever seen in a wad?

Some Wolfendoom's wads like the Operation: Rheingold and Astrostein 3 (futuristic Berlin is very awesome). Plus, they don't need any source port.

Equinox and Deus Vult are very beautiful too.

There's a very thin line between cool and beautiful.
I guess all those Imoral Conduct features are more cool than beautiful.

When we speak of beautiful things in wads, there can be several
totally different things that can be regarded as beautiful.
For instance I think the level design of the outdoor areas of Mordreth is very beautiful.
The whole Aliens TC is still very beautiful even though it's older.
Then again we have JDooM with all that eyecandy.
But that isn't alone enough to make me play it.

Beauty isn't everything.
I guess that's the reason to why we all still play old DooM when DooM II is out.

NiGHTMARE said:

That's in a wad already mentioned in this thread, Roger Ritenour's Phobos :).

I remember seeing something like that too, when playing the limited edition of 'Hell to Pay' some time ago. I think it was on the first level, though I'm not completely sure.

Ariel.

Yes, Hell To Pay map01 features spaceship-taking-off graphics. I presume the stuff in Ritenour's Phobos is something more elaborate though.

Oh my, how could I forget PSX Doom/ Doom64 (TC) Flaming Sky? Beatiful in it's sinister nature..

Nmn said:

Oh my, how could I forget PSX Doom/ Doom64 (TC) Flaming Sky? Beatiful in it's sinister nature..

Yes, the lighting in the console versions was very moody...almost makes me feel bad to beat a level because that means not only do I have to leave the scenery behind me but there's one less level ahead.

Wow. I just got through browsing all of the levels in Phobos: Anomaly Reborn. I must say now that it is the most beautiful WAD ever made. It makes everything else look like DoomJr. The crane was absolutely amazing, I didn't think I would have to go in it until I crawled around its nether-regions. Everything was so perfect. Even the shadows on the walls. I like that trick, very good shadowing. Those boxes, floating tunnels, tanks, cars that you can go inside, the train level was very neat (shovel and dirt lol) and I am absolutely amazed.

deldelda said:

Eternal maps 12, 28, 30, and 31.

Ahh, yeah. Eternal MAP30 in particular is something truly breathtaking.

NiGHTMARE said:

Some of the maps of the forthcoming Knee Deep In ZDoom have some gorgeous scenes too :). In particular, look out for the enormous lava pit at the (new) start of E1M7.

So there are two possibilites:
1. You like what I did with the new start (although it isn't much)
2. You enhanced the whole thing to make it look gorgeous :)

im surprised nobody mentioned hellcore. alot of the areas in hellcore are very beautiful looking (but sadly most of the levels are horrible 1993 quality) especially for a vanilla doom2 wad

Both of these have already been mentioned.

Map13 Equinox!! All those fireballs flying at you, *wipes tear from eye* beautiful. Didn't you make Equinox Foofoo?

Aaaand, Map25 "Demonic Hordes" of AV. There's nothing really breathtaking or anything in this map, it's just very very good looking, not to mention a blast to play.

DaJuice said:

Map13 Equinox!! All those fireballs flying at you, *wipes tear from eye* beautiful. Didn't you make Equinox Foofoo?

*straighten's tie* yes i did my friend, yes i did. *smirks like a smug asshole*

Tormentor667 said:

I really liked some maps of Doom Anomaly Reborn, they have been really beautiful, for example the dark cavern (last map) or the crane :)

I feel so beautiful right now. :D